Chapter 2 "Does killing requires a reason?"

Prince Marceau stranded beside the boulder, his auburn hair flowed gently as the wind blew. His eyes, deep as the sea of ironbridge, gating whatever he was thinking behind his impeccable face.

From a distance, or even standing just right next to him, everybody would guess him as a gentle young lad who was born in a prestigious family, whom was weak and would only follow his family's command.

But Seline hadn't forgotten the rumors about him.

Marceau Fierro Raphael

Son of the beloved lady Mareena, daughter of the moon and light.

When he was born, some said they saw stars danced and brushed against his face. Even the night was extended to celebrate his benediction.

They are all rumors but there was one thing Seline knew crystal clear that it wasn't, pride of Cornesse. His glory continued until the age of ten, when his mother passed away and he was passed down to lady Titanos along with the heir.

And it was then prince Marceau was no longer a prince of glory, no longer the spotlight of Cornesse. It was then he stood behind the heir, sworn loyalty to him. Albeit how incredibly innocent and naive the heir was.

"Excuse me." Seline's voice sounded like clear water, articulated and smooth. With no humiliation of being found murdering her aunt, with no feeling of the most handsome prince standing in front of him.

Prince Marceau chuckled and reached out a hand.

Seline tried to ignore how beautiful the hand was, how the slender fingers reached out for her and how the crimson ruby ring shone under the blazing sunlight.

Mm she was an exquisite beauty indeed. He eyed her from head to toe. Water drips from her hair, her eyebrow and her face, as though she was the daughter of water as though she has the ability to wield them like child playing pebbles. With no hint of fear standing in such freezing cold water.

If he hadn't seen her killing her aunt, perhaps he would also found her weak and fragile, like any ordinary beauty he has met.

"You are going to leave her here?" He asked, his voice rich and gentle but seline could tell the faint cold in his tone, the nonchalance in his eyes.

"What if she floats back up?" He asked again. "How would you whom are responsible for cleaning this backyard escape from Cornwallis'a questioning?" He didn't sound like he was worried, Seline didn't dare to think prince Marceau would worry for her. He sounded interested as if he was testing her with some morbid questions and wanted to know her answers.

"Questioning?" Seline smile gently, her brief smile hid the mockery in her grey eyes. She tucked the end of her fairs to forward and wiggled it, drops of water splashed to the shore. As Seline planned, prince Marceau stepped backward.

Seline climbed up the shore swiftly and grinned "Lady Ferella, the fifth wife of my uncle lose her balance and was drowned because..." She paused and stole a glance from Prince Marceau "of attending the date planned by you, Prince Marceau." She touched her face lightly, and grunted lowly. Thanks to Lady Ferella, there must be some materials in her nail polish that when it was mixed with water, the faint yellow layer on her face disappeared immediately, revealing her real face to him. She would have put up another façade if her mother hadn't requested her to wear this faint yellow layer.

Great, now Prince Marceau knew how she truly looked.

"Seems like it was you who need to be questioned?" Seline grinned, drawing her clumsy hair aside.