Chapter 2: Him

Ross' POV

"Rydel! Have you seen my leather jacket?!" I screamed for my sister's attention.

"Find it yourself! I don't clean up around here after your mess Ross! I'm tired of it! Just cause you have to be mean to every girl you come across, doesn't mean you have to be mean to your sister!" Rydel suddenly yelled in front of me. I'm not surprised. It's not the first time this happened.

"Ross. Again? Really?" Riker stepped in.

"You're not part of this Riker so just leave us alone," I pleaded.

"No, but I am your older brother and Rydel is your older sister. I get the fact that you're a biker Ross. We all are.

And biker's aren't the nicest. But to family, we are. So show some respect to your sister. This is not the first time I'm warning you," he said, about to walk away. But then he turned around, "And clean up after yourself too."

I mocked his voice silently with my mouth. Why should I care about what he says? I'll do whatever I wanna do. And none of my siblings can control that.

I stopped thinking to myself when my other older brother, Rocky, stepped in the room. "Hey, when we were by the stop light on the way home, did you notice that car next to us?" He asked.

"What about it?"

"It doesn't look familiar around here. Kinda like some new people just moved in to Hallowed Mayne."

"I only saw a girl and a guy in the car. And the rest of the back was filled with boxes and luggage."

"So then they just moved in," he agreed.

I got up, ending the conversation, and picked up my helmet to ride onto my bike.

"Where're you going?" Rocky asked.

"To go for a ride," I say.

"I'll come with you-"

"Alone. I want to go alone Rocky."

"Alright..."

I rode into my bike and went along for a stroll.

It was soon getting late, probably 11:00 at night. I was on my way home, but then suddenly, I saw a bright light in front of me, and didn't bother to move away because of my drowsy eyes. And yet the last thing I heard was a crash.

"I am so sorry!" A girl got out of her car to help me.

"Don't touch me!" I demand and got up myself.

"I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to-"

For a while, we froze and looked into each other's eyes.

She's the new girl.

She's the one who just moved in to Hollowed Mayne.

"Look, I-I really shouldn't be here out this late, I am so sorry. I'll just-I'll go." She said.

"Wait-" I got a hold of her arm before she walked away. "I'll fix your car. It was my fault anyway, I wasn't looking at where I was going."

Why was I doing this? Why was I suddenly being... Nice?

Mystery girl tried to pull away, "Um uh, it's okay... Really."

"I'm serious. I can help."

She at the ground, like she didn't have any other choice. Once she looked up, she whispered, "Okay... But, I can't let my father know that I crashed the car, or else I'll be in-"

"Hey, I'll drop you home tonight. And drive back here to get your car and take it back to my place. It'll be done, even before you or your father wakes up in the morning."

"A-Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"...Okay."

"Can I at least have your name?" I asked.

"Laura."

"Ross."

"Ross? Are you one of those bikers who passed by me and my dad earlier when we arrived?"

"Yeah! I knew that you were the girl we saw through the window."

"We? As in, the other bikers there... They're your friends?"

"Family, actually. But one of them's a family friend."

"Oh."

"You wanna get going?"

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Mystery girl who now has a name, was about to walk, but suddenly crashed back down.

"Whoa! Are you okay?" I rushed to her.

Her hand was on her hip. "Yeah yeah... I'm fine."

There was a red stain on her clothes.

"Okay, you are not fine. We're getting you to the hospital," I suggested.

Why was I being so nice?

"No please. I can't be home any later than this. I just need something to cover the blood, I know how to bandage myself when I get home."

"You sure?"

"My mom was a doctor. I'm sure."

"Here," I removed my leather jacket and put it around her. "That should help cover up the stain."

"I couldn't take this-"

"No really. It will help."

She looked up and smiled at me. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. Shall we?" I gestured to my bike.

"Sure."

On the way, Laura pointed the directions to her house and I dropped her there. I swear, seeing her house, that girl is rich.

As she waved good bye, I drove back to the place where her car crashed and loaded my bike in the trunk. She gave me the keys and I drove away.

While I drove, I kept thinking...

Why her?