Demons {A Supernatural Short Story}

Hey everyone! As you may or may not know, I have recently become super-addicted to Supernatural (thank you Kat). The other day I decided to take a swing at writing my very first fan fiction for the show, and today (after less than a week's work) I finally finished it. I honestly don't know how well this turned out, but I figured I would post it all for you to read anyways. :) Trying to get some prep for the story Kat and I are planning to write together. One day I may make this into a longer story. Not sure yet though!

This is dedicated to Kat, for she is the reason I have lost so much sleep over this show (and more importantly Sam Winchester himself). Check her out. She's awesome. :P And I hope you all will read our story too, whenever we get around to writing it!

Cover was made by my good friend Ally (allyycatt)! You did a fantastic job! :)

And I must include this: I do not own the Winchesters or Castiel, although my friends and I would love to. They belong to the lovely writers of Supernatural. Hope you all enjoy, and that I didn't fail too badly. lol :P

**************************************************************************

My eyes fluttered open, unsure of where I was. I tried to push myself up with my elbows, but I was too weak. Pain rippled through my body, causing me to collapse back onto what I thought was a couch. I couldn't remember what happened for me to get in this situation. All I knew was that my friends and I had been working with two brothers and one of their friends on a case of mysterious disappearances in the area. I tried to prop myself up, and this time I was successful. I glanced around the room, spotting one of the men sitting on the couch on the other side of the room. I disregarded that fact, trying to figure out where my friends may have been.

Ignoring my pain, I attempted to pull myself the rest of the way up, or at least until I felt a strong hand guide me upright. I glanced over my shoulder to see one of the guys smiling back at me. Somehow his name came back to me, "Sam... where are we? What happened?"

The massive man sat down next to me, gently moving my legs beforehand. "We're back at the hotel," he explained, turning to look at me. "You've been through a lot in the past day or so. You we're almost killed by a bunch of vampires."

Once he said that, the memories came flooding back to me. The six of us had tracked the vampires to the outskirts of town where they had been staying while they fed off the inhabitants. Of course after they realized we were there to kill them, things spiraled out of control from there. Honestly, I couldn't remember what had happened to me- only that we had killed them off before I blacked out.

"Where are Rebecca and Olivia? Are they okay?" I questioned, glancing around the room as if maybe they were hiding.

Sam nodded, causing some of his shoulder length brown hair to move from behind his ear. "Yea, they went with Dean and Cas to the pool about an hour ago."

I sighed. Of course they were out having fun right now while I was stuck here. "Well I am glad they are enjoying my pain," I muttered.

"Oh, it's not like that. Believe it or not, you were a lot worse," Sam added. "Cas has been healing you for the past who knows how long. I tried telling him you were fine after the first attempt, but you know how he can be sometimes."

I nodded, remembering how Castiel could be when it came to acting human, or even trying to understand us. Being an angel, he wasn't too familiar with humans, although I had been told a recent experience made him appreciate our emotions more. Granted, we hadn't known each other's groups for long, but it was safe to say that we had developed a strong bond over the past few days. It happened sometimes after fighting off death.