Chapter Twenty-Four

Obedience

-Chapter Twenty-Four-

True friendship

isnt about only being there

when it's convenient, it's

about being there when it's not.

_______________________________________________

~*~

Amnesia is a type of illness that gets old very fast and Emiko wanted answers.

Currently, she wasn't taking a liking to being treated as some helpless sick girl. And she wasn't going to receive any more answers from the sand siblings until they were free. Luckily she was hospitalized in the Land of Lightening, close by where Gaara was stationed. But it was highly unlikely she'd be receiving answers soon because all shinobi were in preparation for the Fourth Shinobi world war.

This also meant she wouldn't get anything out of that Uchiha guy because the war also included Akatsuki.

It had been an entire week since she'd seen him...and she couldn't help but wonder if he still chose to be on the side of the enemy. But then again, were the Akatsuki really the bad ones? She was actually on their side before she was injured, so...how bad were they really?

Things were beginning to look up, however, as Emiko was now able to roam freely about. The only annoyance was that she was limited to her wheelchair. But that was fine because Emiko took every chance she could find to get away from that hospital.

Currently, Emiko was sat in the hospital gardens where Leaves of all colors were falling about. Much to her luck, she was blessed with a notepad that the psychologist had given her. She was to draw anything that came to her mind. But nothing came to her mind and she really didn't like to be told what to draw. So she just sketched the trees instead. For a Hospital garden, they sure had outdone themselves.

Though technically, she wasn't where she was supposed to be at the moment. The gardens were a ways ahead of her, and she'd wheeled herself on the path across the bridge. The hospital and its gardens were actually across the river from her. Snickering, Emiko watched as one of the nurses panicked that she was gone.

But she didn't care. That nurse was the one who made her eat that same disgusting jello. And she had enough with the same old routine she was forced through. Suddenly, she'd felt an intense prescence nearby.

"Just because I'm injured doesn't mean I can't sense you" Emiko spoke.

"They're calling you, you know" right behind her stood Sasuke Uchiha. "I know" Emiko smirked, watching the nurse ahead with amusement. "You're not running away, are you?" he asked.

"I hate jello" she crossed her arms, narrowing her eyes at the nurse. "That woman isn't even a real nurse. She's force feeding me."

"And what justifies a real nurse?" he asked, stepping ahead to watch the scene as well. "Not giving a patient a liquid-only diet."

Emiko watched as the Uchiha laughed ahead. "What's so funny?" she uncrossed her arms, wheeling toward the man. "Well," he turned to her, gazing down at her. "You wouldn't remember...but"

"It reminded me of your problem with sweets"

"My problem?" She repeated, crossing her arms once more. "When we were younger...your parents had banned you from sweets" he explained. "Why...?" she questioned. "They were strict people...Hideki and Yuuto. I don't know if you enjoyed my company or if you came over for sweets."

Emiko rolled her eyes, "I'm not sure either"

"Anyway" he went to grab her wheelchair, "I should get you back"