Chapter 4

Alexander Alfresco POV

Actually there's no piano lesson today. My dad is also out with Mr. Francisco to play golf. My mom is going to spa with her friends.

I supposed not to go out today because my mom worries if something happen to me while she's gone. That's a rule, she said. But some rules should be broken, right?

I wear a white dress shirt with a sweater. Today, I wanna spent my day with Danielle. But since she can't go out, I mean like park or maybe beach, I decide to go to her home.

I didn't tell anyone that I'm going out today. Michael is at his house since today is Saturday. Even my maids doesn't know about it. The conclusion is I sneaked out of the house.

I called the cab to come and pick me up. "Can you drop me off in front of that big tree over there?", I asked the middle age man.

I don't want him to sent me in front of her house because I don't want her guard to see me. My dad told me that no one can come to Mr. Francisco's house on weekend. Like no one! Except his daughter and his employees that work in the house.

"Thank you. Here you go..", I give him the cab fare. It's 10$ but I gave him 20$.

"Keep the change.", I smiled and quickly get out of the car. For one last time I thanked him again and closed the door. I look at the car as the car finally disappear out of my sights.

I take a deep breath. To be honest, I didn't bring anything today. Like usually when I go out, my backpack is must. Like girls need handbag to go out and I need my backpack to go out. Because I have my earphones, my journal, a novel, a water bottle, my medicines, my phone, charger, power bank, house keys and my wallet. But today, I only have 40$ for cab fare and my medicine in my pocket.

I run to the nearest tree in front of her house. I hide by the tree so that no one could see me. I take peek at her house. I didn't see the old man that always stand by the gate.

"Maybe he's only there when they have a guest or when Franciscos come home", I said it to myself.

I run to the gate and peek through the hole on the gate. "Yes!", I cheered as I saw no one outside of the house.

I try to pull the gate but it's lock. I saw a cctv in front of the gate. "Oh shit!", I cursed. What am I supposed to do now?

I want to call Michael to help me but I don't have my phone with me right now. Lesson for today, always bring your phone with you whenever you step outside of your house. You will never know what will happen next.

It left me with one option : climb the gate.

It's a major problem for me because :-
One. I don't know how to climb.

Second. I'm scared of heights.

Third. I'm scared of falling.

Fourth. I'm scared if I get stuck on the gate.

Fifth. Even if I manage to climb, I don't know how to get down because this gate is so tall.

"It's okay Alex. We will never know if you don't try, right?", I calmed myself trying to make feel a little bit better. Just a little bit.

I take a deep breath before climbing. After a few minutes, I finally get on the gate. It's weird when no one noticed me when CCTV are everywhere in this house. I look on the ground and all of sudden my legs and hands start shaking.

"Calm down...", I let out a long breath. "Just jump. It is not that high."

Again, I take a deep breath and holding it. After a second, I jumped and I end up squatting on the ground. "Fuh", I sighed.