12: Today & Everyday

14th of February,

The day roses are valued and chocolates are heart-shaped. The day where love is in the air and love flows amongst everyone. It's the day where everyone celebrates with the love of their lives and make unforgettable memories, having adoration struck in their hearts and admiration in their eyes. It's a day to cherish your soulmate and sole love.

Then there's me, sitting on my couch eating some crappy ice-cream and watching a clichéd romantic movie. My eyes were glued to the TV but my mind was wandering off to different and various places. This is definitely not the way I wanted to spend my Valentine's Day, stuck in my living room and drowning myself in self-pity.

I would've gone out with my friends but they are all romantically involved with their partners. Not to mention, the decorations, roses, signs and people everywhere in town would only be a reminder of him.

Him. I miss him.

Having him away was never this hard for me to tolerate with. It's not the first –surely not last– time he left for a sudden meeting or a football match he forgot to mention to me. But at this time of the year, it seems toilsome to endure the longing I have for him. My body, my mind craved his existence like there's no goddamn tomorrow. Out of all days he could've flown with his friends for 'private matters', it was on the day I wanted to spend with him the most.

Surely it was just a day assigned to celebrate love but for me it seemed more than that, I needed to have him here, give and receive endearment and maybe, just maybe tell him what I've held for too long.

The endless, tiresome thoughts came to a halt when my phone rang. My face lit up and my grin widened when I saw his name with hearts and kisses on my screen.

"Hey Ney," I immediately answered.

"Hey beautiful." Neymar –my boyfriend of seven months– replied, although he sounded in a rush.

"How are you?"

"Babe, I need you to do something for me." Hurriedly, Neymar stated dismissing my previous question. My brows furrowed at his briskness.

"Yeah sure, anything."

"I need you to pick something up from the store. I completely forgot about it and I just remembered. It's really important and I can't get a refund. Can you please go pick up my package?" He pleaded, voicing a desperate tone.

"Yes I can go get it right now. It's not like I have anything to do." I mumbled the last sentence under my breath. Even though he heard the bitterness behind my voice, he chose to ignore it. After he sighed of relief and sounds of shuffling and working came through the line I asked, "Where's the store?"

"I'll send you the location. I have to go, see you in two days babe." Before I could comment or say anything, he hung up the phone.

I exhaled with audible weary and went to change from my nightwear. I wore a simple outfit, consisting of jeans and a blouse and left my apartment. Only to be slapped with whistling icy wind.

Today was not my day.

I got into my car, watched it roar to life and then checked the location Neymar sent me. I studied it for couple of minutes concluding that I didn't recognize the shop. Using the navigation system, I drove to the destination.

Through my brain, I thought of Neymar – quite frankly he's all I think about– and how our little story began. We didn't really have much of a beginning to tell that exhilarated people, it was simple and effortless. Our friends introduced us to each, Neymar and I clicked like a snap of fingers and progressed feelings for each other. We weren't naive enough to ignore our feelings which I was thankful for, after couple of hang outs he asked me out and gladly, I agreed. I would be too stupid to not go on a date with him anyway. Everyone knew Neymar had it all and to know he liked me back was definitely something. So we went out, one thing led to another we became official.