Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - An enemy

Even though it was a week after Jake lied about being my boyfriend, Travis was still ignoring me. Every time I crossed the street and asked if I could talk to Travis, they said that he was out, which I know was a lie. I asked if I could speak to him after I saw him walk into the house but Garroth still told me that he was out. After a few days, I just gave up and accepted the fact that they wouldn't let me in.

Instead, I went to Jake, asking him why he did that in the first place. Jake just told me to trust him and to not worry about it but considering that I really like Travis, that's a really difficult thing to do. It hurt me that I hurt Travis like that even though me dating Jake is a lie. I did tell him that I liked him the night before Jake mentioned that I was dating him. Maybe I should do some payback and say that Kawaii-Chan and Reese are dating.

What am I thinking? No way I'm doing that, it's too cruel.

But he did it to me.

Groaning, I stuffed my head into the pillow for about the hundredth time that day. The days felt terribly long without Travis with me. I wasn't having any fun at all, even if Aphmau was spending time with me. Right now I was just an emotional wreck, not sure what to think or do.

"(Y/N)," Aphmau called, peeking her head into Katelyn's room. Katelyn decided to allow me to spend the day in her room if I wanted to so that's what I've been doing for quite a while now. "(Y/N), do you want any dinner?"

"No," I told her, turning my head to ignore eye contact as she walked closer.

She sighed behind me, not happy with my response. "(Y/N), how do you feel about a trip?"

"A trip?" I questioned her, turning back around on the bed.

"Yeah, like to an amusement park. Jake brought it up and said that he may be able to get a discount."

This may be part of his plan. "I don't know."

"Come on (Y/N), it'll be fun! Plus, you and Jake will be able to spend some time together."

Oh, yeah. Aphmau still believes Jake and I are dating. "Aphmau, Jake and I-"

"You two are so cute together!" She squealed, jumping up and down.

"Aphmau, listen to me for a minute." Aphmau stopped, standing still. I sat up in the bed so that she could see me more. "Jake and I aren't dating."

"What? But-"

"Jake lied," I told her before letting out a short sigh, "Jake's also gay so he doesn't really like me that way. I mentioned that I liked Travis when I was with Jake and apparently he made up a genius 'plan'. He wouldn't tell me what the plan was but he just told me that I shouldn't worry about it."

"Oh," Aphmau responded, not really sure what to say. "Well, maybe the trip will get you and Travis back together. I mean, Jake did say he had a plan so, might as well give it a shot. There's nothing you can really lose."

"I'll go." Aphmau was right, there's really nothing I can lose. I want to get back with Travis and hopefully Jake will be able to do just that. Maybe if I make Aphmau invite Reese then he'll say that he's not dating me. Then Travis would hear it!

Aphmau grinned and hugged me before running out of the room.

༺༒༻

"(Y/N)!" Jake squealed when I walked out the front door. In a flash, he was already hugging the death out of me.

"Too... tight," I wheezed, not able to breathe properly.

"Sorry, sorry," Jake laughed in response, pulling back immediately. He was acting a bit different today. Oh well, maybe something happened between him and Reese. I'll be sure to ask him about it later. "Are you ready to go?" He asked me, walking toward the car that we were riding in.

"Yep," I answered him, holding up my (F/C) bag. While I was walking toward the car, I caught a glimpse of white hair. Immediately, I rushed to the back of the car where Jake was standing. "Why is he here?" I whispered to him. This better not be a part of his genius plan, it's too awkward around Travis now.

Jake just smiled and winked at me before opening the back of the car and tossing my bag that he stole from me inside of it. After shutting the door, he proceeded to the front while whispering back to me. "Just trust me."

༺༒༻

The car ride was deathly quiet and it almost felt like I was struggling to breathe. Nothing in my life has been this awkward, no one talked or even made eye contact. They all just stared out the windows, watching as we passed by houses and fields.

Once we finally made it to the campsite, we all rushed out of the door with our belongings, desperate to get away from the awkward aroma. I took a long awaited deep breath of fresh air before continuing to walk over toward Jake and Aphmau. "Hey," I greeted them.

Jake jumped, spinning around to look at me, "(Y/N)! Great timing! I want you to go over to Travis and talk to him."

"What?" I looked at him like he was crazy, "Just talk to him out of the blue?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about it, just go," Jake told me, pushing me in the direction of Travis.

Hesitantly, I made my way to him, not sure what to really say. "H-Hi," I said awkwardly.

Travis turned to look at me, his eyes tried not to make contact with mine. "Um, hey."

"(Y/N)!" Garroth called out, squeezing his way in between Travis and I. "Let's go check out the camp fire!"

Jake appeared behind me in a flash, grabbing Garroth's hand before it grabbed my arm, "What are you doing?"

"We were just going to check out the campfire," Garroth defended, giving a determined look to Jake.

"There's no campfire in the morning, Garroth," Jake laughed, letting go of his hand, "Now if you excuse her, she was just about to talk to Travis."

"I don't think he wants to talk to her. Anyway, Travis promised me that he would go with me to find a place to put our stuff. Isn't that right Travis?"

"U-Uh, yeah!" Travis squeaked in surprise.

"So we'll be heading off now," Garroth spoke, grabbing Travis' hand before scurrying away.

I looked over at Jake who was glaring at Garroth. "I guess we have an enemy," Jake sneered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Please bear with me for a while, I'm having a really bad writers block (which is why I've been updating late). I also don't have the time to write as much anymore. Anyway, I hope you liked it. Also, I didn't spell/grammar check it yet so ._. Be prepared.

*I just started to play Mystic Messenger. Yes, I know I'm behind and it may be kind of old but I'm always that person who's late to everything.

Ily!!!

- Author~Chan