Chapter 1

I decided to put this up since I already had it written ok

*Luke's POV*

This looks like hell. There's a bunch of people, kids probably younger than me. They're all... happy, and it's weird. Who'd be so happy to be here? This looks like hell. And I'll be here for three months, great.

I drag my bag around, making sure I look unhappy. What do you even do at camp? I hear you ride horses and shit. Why would I want that? To be honest, I rather go to a military school!

I guess I was zoning out, because somebody waved their hand in front of my face. I look up, seeing a lady. "Um hi?" I mumble.

She smiles. "Hey kid, I'm Marie, one of the camp counsolers here! You need to go over there-" she points to a guy with a clipboard. "-To see which cabin you're assigned too. Have fun!"

Too peppy... way too peppy.

I walk over to the guy and sigh. "Hey," I say. "I'm Luke Hemmings. Just tell me which cabin to go to so I can lay down." I grumble.

The guy laughs. "Hey, I'm Joey," he says, giving me a wave. "Luke Hemmings..." he mumbles, looking down his list. "Cabin 5. By the way, you won't get to rest for long. Have fun!"

What's up with these people, seriously?

I smile a fake smile before making my way to the cabin that have a big '5' on the door. I walk inside, seeing there was a guy already here. He has sandy-colored hair, and it's curly. He is shorter than me, and he looks as if he had hazel eyes.

"Hey!" The boy walks over to me, a big grin plastered on his face. He has dimples too. "My name's Ashton! You must be my roommate."

I nod, walking past him as he comes up to me. "Yeah, obviously," I say. I set my bag next to the empty bed and lay down.

Ashton smiles, sitting down on his own bed. "So, what brings you here?"

"My mum." I say. He laughs loudly.

"Why are you here though!?"

"Because my mum doesn't like me." I say simply, and he still laughs.

"I'm sure that isn't true! I really like being here already." he says, bouncing on the bed a bit. Wow. This kid is kind of annoying.

"Did I ask you?" I ask, closing my eyes.

"No but I told you. Do you wanna be friends?"

"No."

"What, why?" he asks, but he doesn't sounds the least bit sad. He still sounds happy, which annoys the hell out of me.

"Because dude, I just don't. I didn't come here to make friends. I came here because I was forced, so if you would kindly fuck off."

Ashton just laughs, laying back on the bed. "Alright! Well, we'll be friends and I know it. Just wait!"

"You probably don't have friends." I say harshly, and I didn't want to be harsh, but this dude was so annoying...

"I don't, I only have one. His name is Calum." Ashton says.

"I didn't ask."

"But I told." he giggled.

"I bet he's as annoying as you." I say, sighing happily when somebody walks in. I honestly just want to go home. I want to be away from everybody already, but I'm stuck here for the whole summer, and there's no way my mum would let me come home. I could hurt myself, maybe then I could go. That sounds like a good idea, a great idea. I would purposely break my leg to go home and see Michael.

I jump when somebody comes through the door. It's that Joey guy. "Hey guys, I know you probably want to rest, but it's time to get up! We're doing our first activity. Get up and if you will, follow me." he smiles brightly. No.

I sigh, getting up and rubbing my face. "I hate it here already," I mutter under my breath.

Ashton pats my back. "Aw, don't worry, I will make it fun! We'll be good friends. I promise!" he grins at me before skipping over to Joey.

Did I mention this would be a long three months?