Chapter 15 - The promise

(Casey's pov)
What am I going to do? I wondered as Reid was still sat on the bench. "You know you might as well_"

"Shut up" I hushed him walking up and down. He stood in front of me. "Look your not doing me any good by standing in my way" I mentioned.

"You're tense" he put his hands on my shoulders. "Wait I hear something?" He mentioned going quiet. In the heat of the moment I heard it to like someone was whispering.

"Wait a minute..." I whispered. I wondered for a moment I've heard that voice somewhere.... I know it's Blake! Oh thank God. I sighed. But she seems to be upset about... Oh... Yeah. I looked down at my feet. "I can't believe she's crying" I shook my head feeling upset myself.

"She's saying something?" Reid questioned. "Oh my god..." He gasped.

"What!" I shook him.

"She's talking to your body" he explained.

"What's she saying?" I asked urgently.

"Don't give up hope" he repeated. "Because if you do then..." He paused. "Then we've... We've... Lost one hell of an agent and.... One.... Hell of a friend" he repeated. My heart sank suddenly.

I bite my lip taking in everything. "That's what I got to do" I stayed positive. "Don't give up hope" I shrugged walking up the path.

"There's something you need to know" Reid turned round. "The more you stay in this coma it'll start to mess with you..." He explained.

"What do you mean Spence?" I asked.

"What I mean is it'll test you like first it starts off like a dream.... a fantasy world but then it starts to kick in and some of your fearful moments will appear maybe from your childhood or adult hood" he explained walking up to me. Even though he wasn't the real Reid is was nice to hear his voice blabbering on, I really did miss that.

"Then I'll stay strong" I nodded. "I know your not the real Reid but..." I kissed him on the lips. "That's for never giving up" I smiled and walked straight on up the path.

I could feel him staring at me as I walked away, speechless. I actually couldn't believe I brought up the courage to do that but then again if it was reality I would've just left it alone. I sighed, thinking about getting back even though I didn't know how but it was worth a try to see if anything could help.

(Reid's pov)

I came back seeing Alex had gone. "Blake?" I asked a lot of patients looked at me blankly. "Blake?" I questioned. Then soon enough Casey's cubical caught my eye. I saw Blake sat there rocking back and forth crying her eyes out. "Blake?" I whispered at her. I looked at the flowers I had in my hand and built up enough courage to walk on in there.

"Reid!" She was surprised with my return.

"Hey...." I held her shoulders after putting the flowers down on the end table. "What's wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head closing her eyes hiding something from me. "She's sleeping" she said with uncertainty. I moved forward to see her. "Stop" she ordered. I paused looking at her with confusion. "She's not...." She tried tiger her words out. "She's... Not dead...." She began. "But she's also not alive" I took the hint.

I rolled the curtain back to see a very pale body strapped up to a support machine. "She's...." I paused daring to ask the question. "She's gonna wake up right?" I questioned Blake looked at my uncertain. "Right?" I asked again just incase she didn't hear me but she heard me loud and clear she just chose not to answer.

I stood near her holding her hand. "Casey?" I asked knowing she wouldn't answer. She looked so frozen laying there silent.

"Reid?" Blake held my shoulder. I turned round to see that she had been crying to. "She's gonna be okay" she said but everytime someone said that everything seemed to go wrong. She'll be fine.... Casey gets kidnapped.... Don't worry about it... Morgan and I get captured... It's not your fault... Casey gets shot. That memory repeated over and over remembering how she fell to the ground how she screamed in pain how her wound bled out. I shook my head getting rid of the memory.

"It should've been me" I nodded at Blake. "I... I should've been the one to get shot" I explained feeling doubtful about Casey.

"Your not the only one who's sad" she sat down next to her. "I miss her to" Blake bit her lip trying to hold back. I patted her back and turned to Casey. Her pale face made the guilt inside unbearable. I loved her so much and seeing her there pale, cold and well she looked dead. That scared me the most. The thought of not having Casey around well... I'd might as well kill myself.

I started to think as Blake left the room to phone the others. Maybe it's trying to tell me something. I hold Casey's hand and I pat it. "I love you Casey" I whispered to myself. "If you go then... I'm coming with you" I made a promise to her. "I can't loose you not now" I shook my head. "You'll be okay" I nodded talking to myself. "Your gonna wake up and we'll go back to work... Back to our lives... I'll protect you.... I love you...." I bit my lip rocking back and forth.

(Casey's pov)

I suddenly woke up but I wasn't in the park anymore. The floor was cold... I felt a dark figure watching me. I narrowed my eyes to get a better look at the figure. Then I realised that it wasn't another person I was staring at my reflection... But I didn't look like myself... What I mean by that was I looked dead.