New Game

Keith walked into the local game store, freezing to the bone. It was below freezing outside and was extremely windy, with a snow storm on its way. Keith shivered as he walked around a few aisles, rubbing his hands together in an attempt to warm up, browsing the shelves full of games. "Hey Keith! Look, we got a new game!" He heard Pidge, his friend who worked at the store, call out. Keith jogged over to the counter where Pidge sat cross-legged on top pointing at one of the posters hanging under the "New Releases" section. "Voltron: Legendary Racer?" Keith read out loud. "Yeah! Me and Matt played it and it's really cool. Its got great graphics too which is a huge plus." Pidge hopped off the counter and walked to the rack holding multiple copies of the game and grabbed one, handing it over to Keith. "Here you go." They said and then began tapping at the cash register. "I'm gonna give you a pretty hefty discount because it's expensive, but it's totally worth it." Pidge said, racking up the total. "Is that all or are you gonna get a new case of Red Bulls?" They asked. "Yeah. Get me two cases actually." Keith said, pulling out his wallet. "Alright, $74.38." Pidge said before walking over to the huge mountain of Red Bulls, heaving up two cases. Keith nodded, pulling out his wallet and handing over the money. "Thanks Pidge." He said, grabbing the cases of energy drinks and his game, and walked out of the store.

Keith walked into his apartment and kicked the door shut, and walked to the kitchen to set down the cases. He grabbed his game and two cans of Red Bull before heading into his office, where a camcorder and his gaming setup sat. He sat down in his chair and placed the game and drinks down before turning on his Xbox. He signed into his account, put the game into the console, and then turned the camcorder towards his face and hit record. "Hi everyone. I literally just bought a game called Voltron: Legendary Racer and I decided why not show it to you guys too? My friend, Pidge, has played it before and they said that it's a really cool game so let's play." He opened the game on his screen and watched it load before coming up to a start menu. "Okie dokie..." he breathed out. He selected New Game and watched as the game took him to a new screen, now asking for him to pick a username and his character's gender. "Alright, so I'm just going to stick to branding and use my regular username red_paladin" he said typing it in. He selected male for his character and it took him to a customization screen. "Woah! I get to pick how my character looks?! This is awesome!" He smiled as he started to choose clothes. "Alright so to fit my username, I'm going to dress this guy in a shit ton of red." He laughed as he selected a red t-shirt with a chevron design. Keith picked black pants and boots before selecting start. "Alrighty let's check this out." He said as the game loaded. It took him through an intro of where the game was supposed to take place (California) and then went over how to get into races, onto the leaderboard, and how to earn money to buy faster and better cars. "Ok so this seems pretty basic on instructions and reminds me a lot of Forza Horizon so it should be fairly simple to get on the leaderboard and all that jazz." Keith concluded. He selected a starter car, the fastest one he could find even though it was described to be harder to handle, and selected the color red to begin with. "Alright so I got my car, so let's see how the town looks." He pressed start and selected the map to look at the layout of the town. Keith clicked on a random destination near a racing outpost and the GPS started to instruct him how to get there. "I'm going to go ahead and try out racing to check out my competition," he explained as he drove towards the destination.

So, as it turns out, there was barely any competition. Keith won the race without breaking a sweat, and he won a ton of cash for winning first on his first try. Keith frowned. "I was hoping it would be a little harder, but I guess since I'm new I won't have much competition,"He commented,"but I'm going to continue racing until I level up so I guess that's all for today. Leave a like if you liked the game and want me to continue playing." He smiled at the camera before switching it off. He had already drank both of his Red Bulls and he was really starting to feel the effects of drinking two with less than an hour between drinking each one. He walked out of his office and down the hall into his kitchen. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time (10:58 p.m.) before putting his phone on the counter and walking over to the fridge. He gazed over the contents of the fridge before sighing and shutting the door. Keith walked back over to the counter and picked up his phone and called the nearest pizza place and ordered a medium pizza and a two liter of soda. He trudged into the living room and flipped onto his couch, and he heard the telltale twinkling of a bell that his cat was running at him. He lifted his head up in time to see her jump onto his back. He dropped his head back into the pillow and waited for his pizza to arrive.