The Glitter Incident

This was a Christmas present for itstoolateforcake on tumblr. This is a story I made about the AU that they has made called Eighttale. That comic has been put on Hiatus since I posted this on Tumblr. I was the beta reader for the comic and AU so I hope you all enjoy this old present for my friend. 

Bold: Gaster using sign language.

     "C'mon Sebastian! Ciel has been kidnapped! Again! You can't let them do that." Alphys whispered as she sat at her desk in the corner of the lab, staring at the anime on her computer. It was late at night and the lizard monster was one of the few monsters that had not gone home for the night.

     "He is even calling for you! I thought you were one he-Oh there you are. Save him-"

     A low voice from behind interrupted her. "What are you doing?"

     Alphys jumped, falling out of her chair. She scrambled to her feet. "Oh! I-I was just...."

     The two skeletons laughed at the intern's nervous face. Alphys stood and turned away from them, irritated.

     "Sans! Dr. Gaster! You almost gave me a heart attack!" she exclaimed and crossed her arms. "Why were you two lurking over my shoulder anyway?"

     Gaster started to move his hands around. Years of working on the core had damaged his vocal cords beyond repair. To get over the language barrier he typically used sign language. While his team could understand him, Sans had taken it upon himself to translate when the moment arose.

     "I like scaring you. You make such cute and silly noises that I can't help myself." Sans translated, chuckling.

     "Sans, are you mixing up his words again?" she asked, pink tinting her features.

     The smaller skeleton shrugged. "Nope. That is all him."

     She turned to snap at them both when her pink tint erupted into a massive blush.

     "U-Um, Dr. Gaster?"

     "Yes?" He signed. His lab coat was riding up a bit, causing his upper legs to be shown. He wasn't wearing pants and Alphys, having known the doctor and his personality for many years, assumed that he wasn't wearing anything else either.

     She blushed. "Why aren't you wearing anything under your lab coat?"

     "Did I forget those again?" He signed, looking down, not really concerned.

     She spluttered. "A-again?!"

     "This isn't normal for everybody?" Gaster cocked his head, not understanding what was wrong.

     "No, it is not," Alphys huffed.

     He looked confused. "But, Sans does it too."

     She turned her attention to the other skeleton. "You are that forgetful?"

     "Nah, I don't forget. I am just too lazy to put on clothes sometimes." He shrugged.

     Alphys groaned in frustration and turned back to her computer screen. The other two grinned at each other proudly.

     "You two are like children..."

     "Thank you." Sans smiled, sitting on her desk next to her. She didn't even glance at him, mad that they interrupted her show.

     Gaster tapped her shoulder. "Don't be like that, you know that we are just teasing you."