Chapter Twenty VIII

Hanami Tenshi

"Hana...chan...?"

My heart thumped, hearing the oh so familiar voice.

The very boy who was my first friend, my comrade, my number one supporter.

He who I know will probably be very disappointed meeting me like this.

I got up from my current position, while the two kids hid behind my legs.

"You're Hana-chan right? I'm not mistaken right?"

Naruto's voice wavered, still not believing that the female in front of him was the girl he respected most.

"It's been a while hasn't it, Naruto."

I could not help but let a soft smile escaped upon my lips as my gaze met his blue orbs.

In an instance, air was knocked out of my lungs when he crashed his body against mine, wrapping those strong arms around my build. It's weird, seeing the sudden change of how a year and a half can do to someone close to me.

He's much taller now,
stronger, and I didn't get to witness how.

"I've missed you."

Though his head was buried against my shoulder, I could still hear his muffled words.

Hesitantly, I wrapped my arms around him, with one hand ruffling his soft locks.

Though I pulled him away after a while, and that was when his gaze dropped to the coat I'm wearing.

"Hana-chan, you're with Akatsuki...?"

I bit my bottom lips, seeing the frown on his lips.

"How have you been Naruto?"
I asked gently, my fingers tracing the outline of his face, as if i had forgotten how he looked like. Well, perhaps he really did change a lot from the little prankster kid whom i knew worked harder than anyone in the the village.

"I trained with jiraya-sensei and we just got back not long. Sakura was under tsunade-old hag and gaara became kazakage!"

"That's great Naruto. You've grown well."

"Hana-chan...why are you with the Akatsuki?"

"I guess i didn't have a choice?"

"Then why didn't you escape? You're strong Hana-chan!!"

My lips parted, but nothing came out of it.

Why didn't I...?

I mean, I might have a few chances to just get away...I mean would they even haunt me down? Yeah. Maybe i just didn't want them to chase after me. Yeah that's it.

Or...I just didn't want to go back to the place I didn't belong.

"I guess I just wanted to become stronger."
I shrugged again, while his frown deepened.

"I know what you'll say Naruto. But Konoha won't give me the result I've achieved today, in a short period of time."

"But you're already so strong..."
He muttered under his breath, as I chuckled.

"I'm not Naruto. I never was. You however, are much stronger than me."
I patted his shoulders, though his arm was automatically placed onto his tummy.

"You have the power to influence others, bringing those who wronged to do the right thing in the end and because you've been through so much, you just become stronger and stronger."