Nobody's Juliet (The Art of Goodbye)

He doesn't know how to kiss you anymore, his lips feel more like melting clocks instead of clocks with hands frozen on that moment in time. 

His body feels warmer and it seems as though he doesn't need you to keep his cold blooded skin up to a room temperature that isn't as cold as the morgue. 

He doesn't buy you flowers anymore, but his hands seem to be turning into thorny stems but all you see is him as a rose. 

He doesn't remember how many packets of sweetener you like in your coffee, or the fact you like your coffee bitter. 

He doesn't put your hands in his jacket pockets anymore when you say you're cold, and he doesn't say you're his pocket full of sunshine either. 

He doesn't read through your favorite books anymore, he doesn't check the dog eared pages and doesn't care about the sentences you highlighted. 

His ballpoint pens are all cold and his journals are all dusty, and his typewriter doesn't have your scent basking in the ink anymore.

You try talking to him but the lines curving at the end of his fake smile were parentheses guarding the words he should've been telling you.

The last time you saw him, you realized he stopped holding the door for you too. 

Because when he left, he didn't turn around and ask you to come with him."