Chapter 9- Picture Perfect

"Someone you haven't even met yet is wondering what it'd be like to know someone like you."

"Nothing, forget it" I said dismissively, still gazing at that area whilst we walked to the canteen to get lunch, the boys height and profiles got them to the front of the que easily and I just walked alongside them, happy to not be waiting for 5 minutes just to get a slice of pizza.

"Shut up Kyle" Theo groaned and Justin Lee walked by, mouthing something to him before running on past our table and Kyle shot us all a look. "I'm. Not. Gay" he said loud enough for everyone to hear. "We know" I said, laughing slightly. "There was just too many boys and not enough girls so obviously some of the boys had to be together, doesn't mean I'm gay though, doesn't mean he had to whisper hey to me" Kyle argued with himself. "He whispered hey" Mason said bluntly and Kyle raised his shoulders.

"He didn't have to whisper it like that" he said annoyed and Mason raised an eyebrow. "Like what?" He asked, "you know, seductively" Kyle mumbled, scratching his neck and we all started laughing at the same time.

"Oh hey" Jackson said slyly as he walked past, stopping in perfect timing right next to us and I smiled at him. "Jackson, hey, I uh, I kinda need to talk to you" I piped up before any of the others could and he shrugged as I pulled him further away from my friends.

"Look Jackson, you're a nice guy and really really good-looking but I don't like you like that, at least not yet" I said; unaware of the things that were slipping out of my mouth and he raised an eyebrow at me. "I don't like you like that, gheez Leah, I asked for a kiss, not a date. Plus, I figured I could annoy your mates seeing as they naturally hate me so much but God, get over yourself will you?" He hissed defensively before turning and walking out of the canteen without so much as a glance back.

I walked back over to the table with a lump in my throat and Mason was the first to realise; of course he'd seen me burst into a flood of salty tears before. "What did that asshole do to you?" He asked, standing immediately and I laughed. "He did absolutely nothing at all" I whispered and he glanced at me and then back at the doors of the canteen.

"Hey Leah, are you going to the party later or what?" Kyle asked, obviously trying to change the topic of conversation. I looked up, hating the idea of a party already and he raised an eyebrow at me when I didn't respond. "Of course Leah's going" Theo muffled once he'd stuffed a chip in his mouth but he had a distant look in his eyes.

I stayed silent for the rest of lunch and the boys tried pathetically to amuse me, offering several times to punch the living daylights out of Jackson but I refused with a shake of my head every single time; feeling guilty, of course that I had ruined their lunch. Once the bell rang, I zoomed out of that room as quick as possibly possible and in to my next lesson with happened to be French.

I sat at the back, abandoning my seat at the front and slouching right down so the teacher wouldn't see me and ask me to read out loud or answer a question like I usually did every lesson. "What're you doing?" A voice to the right of me asked and I looked up; far up to see a 6 foot, blue eyed, brown haired very pissed off guy with a scar along his cheek. "Sitting down" I said, trying to act oblivious to his real question and I realised I had actually spoken this time.

"In my chair!" He growled, his knuckles turning white and his speech imitating golidlockes and the three bears which made me snort. "Did I eat your porridge as well?" I asked and he came closer to me, his face inches from my face and he shook with anger but I didn't move an inch. I got this.

"Leave her alone Harry" another voice to my right insisted and we both turned to look at the source of the voice. A guy I had seen a couple times before with resting brown hair and shining hazel eyes hidden behind a pair of rectangular glasses stared at us right back. The guy I figured to be Harry backed off slightly.

"Oh, I'm so scared, you weirdo boy, I'll smash your glasses" Harry threatened, his first clenching and unclenching, the beautiful taste of a fight sitting comfortably on his tongue.

"Look, Harry man, I'm not looking for a fight but she's a girl and what you're doing is just mean" the glasses guy said and it surprised me that he almost passed as the fighting type. "Whatever loser just don-" Harry got cut off by Miss Kennedy who finally thought it reasonable to interfere. Finally.

"Sit down Harry, over here" she said, waving a hand as she continued with her lesson once she was sure he was making his way. "Hey, uh, thanks, for you know, that" I said under my breath, praying that he heard but Miss Kennedy didn't. "Anytime and call me Sean" Sean said with a friendly smile and I nodded.

"Leah" I introduced and he nodded like he already knew. "Pretty name for a pretty girl," Sean approved and I blushed lightly. We sat in silence for a while although neither of us were actually paying attention. "Hey, are you coming to the party later" he whispered and I glanced at him, "yours?" I asked, yet again surprised and he nodded. "I'd love to see you there" Sean mumbled and I smiled at him, a small act he returned.

"Pssst! Psssst! PST? OI! ELGORT! SEAN ELGORT! RICH BOY!" Another boy hissed after a while and although it was clearly none of my business, I turned to look as well as Sean. "What?" He snapped and the boy with blonde hair and red cheeks grinned. "Harry said, the fight's off, he's busy" the boy said and I raised my eyebrows, snorting slightly. Scaredy cat.

The red cheeks boy turned back to face the front of the class and I turned to Sean. "Rich boy?" I questioned with a slight laugh, interested in why the hell he was in this school and not some pish posh private one. "Not really, my mum, Miss Elgort works at Knightswood Academy and when the kids here found out, they just assumed I was a rich boy" he admitted hastily. I'd heard of Knightswod Academy. It was better than Queens bridge School in many multiple ways that I could list right now but they had to wear a snobby uniform and only the elites went to that school. I, personally had no problem against them but they, apparently had a problem against us. Jason wanted to send me there but I begged to go wherever Mason went which happened to be this hell hole.

I didn't talk to Sean for the rest of the lesson although I could see him itching to say something but he wouldn't; he couldn't. If it was that important he could just inform me later. As we all stood up to say our farewells and leave, I watched Sean walk away, his bag was a side one and it draped down. Peeking out of the top of the flimsy fabric was a camera lens and I frowned, staying where I was for a few moments until Miss Kennedy forced me out.

Why on Earth, heaven and hell would Sean Elgort want to be taking pictures of me?

Thank you for all the support. Make sure t0 ❣️VOTE❣️ && COMMENT ❣️