Chapter 1

As the blonde walked to his new job, he couldn't help but wonder, Why did a children's pizzeria need a night guard? Sure, it had animitronics, but how could they cause harm at night?

Clemont walked slowly into the elevator. A couple of moments later, a voice came on.

"Welcome to the first day of your exiting new career. Whether you were approached at a job fair, read our ad in Screws, Bolts, and Hairpins, or if this is the result of a dare, we welcome you."

The voice continued on, though Clemont was more focused on the atmosphere; posters with the animitronics, who were brightly colored.

He got back to listening to the voice.

"I am a Model 5 of the HandyMan's Robotics and Unit Repair System, but you can call me Hand Unit."

Once again, Clemont found himself looking off. He was admiring the odd construction of the elevator. What were all the buttons for? He wondered.

The Hand Unit startled him as a keypad popped up. "Please enter your name as seen above the keypad. This cannot be changed later, so please be careful."

As Clemont tried to type his name in, he realized how shaky the elevator was. C-L-E-M-O-N-T, though he was sure he didnt hit the right letters. The Hand Unit chimed in.

"It seems you had some trouble with the keypad. I see what you were trying to type, and I will auto correct it for you. Welcome, EGGS BENEDICT."

Clemont laughed. "Is it programmed to do that?" The elevator came to a halt.

"You can now open the elevator using that bright, red, and obvious button." the Hand Unit pointed out. Clemont pressed it, and saw a vent shaft. He noticed the police tape around the hole. He paused, then went in.

The Hand Unit explained some backstory of how the pizzeria came to place, but as usual, Clemont wasn't listening. He stared at the odd, human-like puppets around the room. He tried to see through the glass panels on the left and right side, but it was too dark, and he was also wearing glasses, so it wasn't much help.

Clemont finally heard the Hand Unit. "Peer to your left. This is the Ballora Gallery Party Room and Dance Studio, encouraging kids to get fit, and enjoy pizza. Let's turn on the light, and see if Ballora is on her stage."

Clemont pressed the button for the Gallery. No sign of any animitronics. The Hand Unit spoke, "...Let's give her some motivation. Press the red button on the keypad to administer a controlled shock."

"What??" Clemont wasn't sure he wanted to do this anymore. "Wouldn't shocking the animitronics cause damage to their systems?" He thought. "Maybe I could tamper with the mechanics...Alright. Let's fix this." Clemont announced.

He looked behind the keypad. A red, a blue and a green wire. Clemont knew which one to break: They were labeled. He snapped the green wire. He heard a crackling spark from Ballora Gallery, and he knew he had gotten it. He did the same the the other keypad, the one to Funtime Auditorium.

Clemont had gone into the last control room. The Hand Unit wanted the same shock treatment done to the animitronic here. He looked at the posters.

This must be Circus Baby's room, Clemont thought. He cut the green wire behind this keypad, and then pressed the red button. He heard the sound of metal rattling, and then he turned on the light. There was an animitronic.

Clemont saw her face. Her gaze was sweet, like a child's. He wanted the lights to stay on, to see her, to be with her. He shook the thoughts away. His plan had worked, and Clemont had completed his first night here.