Chapter 1

This particular oneshot, though canon to Rise of the Solar God, is essentially a homage to the personal events regarding Issei's parents in High School DxD Light Novel - Volume 20.

After reading what Mr. and Mrs. Hyoudou had gone through, I really wanted to write this story.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Kuoh Academy

"Man, it's ungodly cold outside today." Issei Hyoudou muttered to himself.

The Solar God frowned deeply as he made his way to his school. He tried to ignore how terrible the weather was. He understood that it would take a while for the Sun to generate enough heat to bring warmth to the world, but damn it all, he could really do without the cold right now.

Also for some strange reason, it was so goddamn foggy outside.

It never escaped his mind that he could just transform into one of his solar forms, but it would be a waste of energy just to maintain warmth.

Issei released a weary sigh as he continued to walk towards his school. At this point, he almost wanted to skip the institution.

"Hey!"

The young man stopped in his tracks and turned to find the direction of the voice. As he looked around, his eyes set themselves on two figures lying on the grass. Both of them were clad in the standard Kuoh Academy uniforms, and had looks of disappointment on their faces.

"Matsuda? Motohama?"

The Perverted Duo nodded in response to Issei's voice, and remained at their spots as the latter walked over to them.

"What are you guys doing out here?" He asked them.

"You didn't hear?" Motohama questioned as he fixed his glasses, "All classes were canceled."

"Canceled? What happened?"

"Besides the weather being kind of shitty today," Matsuda commented, "None of the electrical appliances in school worked."

"Ok." Issei said with a nod, "So what are you two still doing here?"

"You see, we were watching the girls change out of their kendo clothes after they finished practicing," Motahama explained, his words earning him a displeased frown from Issei, "When all of a sudden, the lights went off."

"And then?"

"That's it."

"I asked why the two of you are still here, not what you did."

"That's all we were doing, man." Matsuda interjected, "After the lights went out, the school shut down for today and all of the other students went home. We're just waiting for the weather to die down before we head off home." Motohama said.

"Shouldn't you guys be waiting inside then?" Issei asked.

"Can't. The doors are closed." Motohama replied, "But a little cold and fog never hurt anyone. And besides, it'll be sunny in a little while anyway. At least that's what the weatherman said."

"Somehow, I doubt that." Issei said as he looked up at the sky, "It looks like the weather's getting worse."

"Ehh." Matsuda said nonchalantly, "I'm sure it'll be fin-OW!"

Both Issei and Motohama blinked in surprise as Matsuda rubbed his sore head.

"What's with you?" Motohama questioned.

"Something hit me!" Matsuda exclaimed, "It felt like ice or something!"

"Ice?" Issei repeated before he looked up to see what appeared to be solid droplets of rain descending onto the ground, "No, definitely not ice. It's rain. Super-cooled rain."