You Deserve The World

Nothing ever went right for me and I just couldn’t figure out why or what I was doing wrong. I always thought that I deserved what I got but once I realized that I, didn’t I left that situation behind. Right out of high school, I got with Scott and that was the biggest mistake of my life. A year and half of him putting his hands on my the wrong way and at first I thought it was ok for him to do that but once he blacked my eye I knew it wasn’t right. There were so many times that I had to make up stories that would actually make people believe that I was ok and not getting abused, but my best friend Ashley knew better and could tell when I was lying. “Ashley” I said. “Yes?” she said. “I need help, ” I said. “Yea, you do, ” she said. “I want to leave him, ” I said. “Then let’s do it, get your stuff out and you can move in with me” she said. “Thank you, ” I said. “You’re my best friend, more like sisters, I would do anything for you” she said. “It means a lot” I said. That night I grabbed my stuff from the house that I shared with Scott and left, I felt stronger than ever and I knew I didn’t deserve this. I was off to Ashley’s house when I ran into a guy. “Excuse me, ” I said. “It’s ok beautiful, ” he said.. I looked up at him and got lost in his eyes, it felt like it was just me and him and nothing else around us. “What’s your name?” he asked. “Y/N” I said. “What a beautiful name, ” he said. “Your name?” I asked. “Oh, excuse me, I’m Riker” he said. “Nice to meet you, ” I said with a smile. “Give me your number so we can maybe see where this goes” he said. “Sure” I said. He handed me his phone and I pushed in my number and handed it back to him and that was the start of my new life.

-A Few Days Later-

Riker seemed very interested in me since he was always texting me and all but I found it cute and it was a big change for me. I had to get used to my phone going off so much with cute messages because ive never got them before. “Meet Me?” he asked in a text. I replied to him as fast as I could with a yes and we meet up at a cafe downtown. “What you want?” He asked. “Um, just a mocha” I said. He nodded his head and went to go order our stuff as I found a seat for us. Once he got out the drinks, he came and sat across from me, I just couldn’t believe how amazing he as but I was also thinking that maybe this was too good to be true. “Thank You” I said. “So tell me about yourself, ” he said. “Well, I’m 18 and out of my own” I said. “I saw you were moving the other night, ” he said. “Yea new place, ” I said. I noticed his eyes were on my arm that was full of bruises from Scott but I didn’t want to talk about it so I pulled my sleeve down but he stopped me. “Don’t be ashamed of it, ” he said. “Ashamed of what” I asked. “What’s that asshole did to you, ” he said. “Wait, how you know?” I ask. d “You can’t do those bruises to yourself no matter how hard you try, he’s so stupid” he said. “I-I” I said. “Its ok, I’m here if you want to talk” he said. “Well, I am just moved out of his house, ” I said. “That’s a good step, ” he said. “And I’m out with you so that proves I’m moving on” I said. “You deserve to be treated like the princess you are” he said. “Maybe not, ” I said. He got up and slide next to me and tilted my chin up so that I was looking at him. “You deserve the world and nothing less than that, he was stupid because he didn’t see what was in front of him” he said. “It’s my fault” I said. “No, it’s not, he’s not a real man” he said. “How you know that, ” I said. “Because a real man wouldn’t beat a girl, ” he said. “I deserved it, ” I said. “You need someone to show you what love is, ” he said. “Maybe so, ” I said. “I’ll steal your heart and treat you like you should” he said. I couldn’t help but smile when he said that because it was true, he was stealing my heart, but there was always that fear in the back of my mind. He put his hand on my cheek as he looked at me, something about him just made me feel safe and I knew he wouldn’t hurt me. His touches were soft and gentle as he knew I was already broken and that he had to try his hardest to fix me. I didn’t know if I was fixable, but it was nice to have someone take an interest in me that would treat me like I should be treated. “You deserve all the love in the world, ” he said. “And I only want yours, ” I said with a smile. I laid my head down on his shoulder as we stayed in the cafe shop, everything seemed like it was turning around for me and I was finally happy.