Chapter One

I read over my passport's  information again to soothe my nerves, Ebony Carter, age 19, female, etc. Same as the last 17 times I checked it. We began our descent, just as the captain had said we would. Touching down was my least favorite part about flying, right next to taking off. 

I let my mind begin to wander and poof, there I was thinking of family drama again. 

I was so scared of leaving the town I called home for so many years, but my dad thinks it's for the best that I stay in Cali with my aunt until the divorce drama all blows over.  In two months I would never have to deal with my birth-mother again, I would officially move in with my dad in south California.

But wow, was it going to be nice. 

My phone rang and I answered. "Hello?" 

"Hi sweetie! We're waiting for you at your gate. Where are you?" 

I sighed. Just my Aunt Tiffany and Aunt Brooklyn. "Hi aunties. I'm nearly there. See you soon." 

---------------

A loud sigh escapes my lips as I unpack my suitcase and back pack. I'm nearly moved in when my aunt walks in with a plate of oh-so yummy smelling cookies. "Hey Ebony! I made chocolate chip cookies for you. Would you like one?" She asks. "Oh, yes please!" I reply, taking two and sighing contentedly after taking a bite. I look up and as I'd reading my mind she hands me a glass of milk. "You know me too well Aunt Tiff." She chuckles, "Not as well as I would like to though. I haven't seen you in years, darlin'!" 

A sudden idea strikes me. "How about you and I go shopping? We can take Carson along and he can invite one of his friends!" My aunt's face lights up. "Really?" She asks. "Of course! I need to meet some new people anyways, and Carson is about my age." "Hooray! Someone to shop with!" She grins and practically skips down the hall to go get ready.

I smile to myself and don a white All Time Low shirt, skinny jeans, and a light brown cardigan. I let my naturally curly sandy blonde locks fall around my shoulders, put on some mascara and I'm good to go. 

The doorbell rings downstairs and I run to answer it. It must be Carson's friend. I open the door and there stands a boy with brown curly hair that's buzzed on either side, a style I've never cared for until I saw it on him. Everything about him screams bad boy, but he rocks it in every way. 

"You're Carson's friend," I say. Wow. Good one Ebony. "You're a smart one, aren't a ya?" He remarks, his blue eyes rolling, walking in. Aaaaand there goes all that charm. 

"You must be Ebony," He says, putting his hands in his leather jacket pockets. "You're a smart one, aren't ya?" I say back, copying what he said just moments ago. 

"Ah, so you're fiesty. I like that." He winks and leaves me flustered. "Carson will be down in a minute." I say, grabbing my phone and purse. "We're leaving in about 20 minutes." "Thanks Cutie. Can't wait to get to know ya." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.:A/N:.

Hey there! So for those of you who have been with me before, *cough betteroffmendes cough*, you'll probably recognize this as Chapter One of my other book, Elucidate. That's because I've decided to rename Elucidate to something I found more fitting. After a lot of thought about it, I did it. The first few chapters will be the same, but I'll be writing the rest soon! 

That's all. :3 Bye.