My Eyes

September 25, 1986

Dear Journal,

I'm going to keep it short, but five days have gone by and I think I am understanding a little bit of who I am. The only problem is that it's not as much as I would like. At first, I didn't know what was going on or why I was seeing what I was seeing. After I wrote my first entry here, I had no clue if I was normal or not and not long after, something happened where I got a small glimpse of why I had this. I was not human at all and I had to figure that out on my own.

Something came to me in a dream two days ago, but I'm still skeptical about whether it had anything to do with my condition. It was a shadow figure, so I couldn't make out what this figure looked like exactly. It said that my eyes might look normal on the outside, but what I saw was different from other people on the inside. The figure told me that I was going to take over for the grim reaper and that I wouldn't be on this planet anymore.

When I heard that, I was confused and didn't believe that that was true. I brushed it off as just a dream, thinking it was nothing important. I thought too quickly because before I knew it, I was seeing much more than I thought. Dreams of death became more frequent and vivid that I soon questioned what was real.

I'm still at a stage questioning what is going on. I haven't encountered another shadow figure telling me what was what. All I know is that my condition is continuing to get worse as I write this and I'm not sure how I'm going to handle it. I feel like madness is slowly taking over me and no one can help me.

Sincerely,

Ava