Part 1

Caye's POV

 All my friends and I run up to the garden to see the flowers bloom. Today was my 11th birthday and I finally got my codex. We finally got up onto the highest ledge and there were five minutes left till it was midnight. I heard a loud bang which leads to a shower of glass, a loud roar awoke me out of my daze. A greater demon jumped into the garden, all my life I have been told no demons can come into the institute but I guess they were wrong. I snap back to reality and pull out the seraph blade I snuck out of the weapons room. Uriel I yell, the blade comes to life. I close my mind off and start to fight, I have never done this before.

Clary's Pov

I hear a shatter of glass, typical kids I think smashing things. I was thinking it was all okay until I heard a roar. Jace I scream, he comes running to me and hugs me. Did you hear that, I say the roar. He said he thought he heard one. We run up to the garden and open the doors and that's when I see Caye. Jace and I both had a power, mine was drawing runes and he had the angels blood. I never thought Caye would have a power as well, but she did have one. All the kids and parents are staring at her. She had the whitest wings, like the angle himself. She was battling a great demon and it looked liked she was winning.

Jace Pov

Right in front of me was my baby girl batting a great demon. She had the angel's wings and what looked like my seraph blade. The demon burst into flames and she came back into reality. All her friends had their mouths open gazing in astonishment. Caye came running over to me and hugged me. I said it was about time to go to bed and get some rest. After I put Caye to bed clary came over to me and hugged me, she was scared i could feel it. I kissed her head and she looked up and looked into my "Golden Globes" as she called them. She asks me if I was teaching Caye the strange thing was I only taught her how to stand when she was wielding a sword. Caye must have gotten it from you clary said.

------------------------------The Next morning---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cayes POV

I woke up to sunlight and an extremely painful backache. My mind turned to last night, why was everybody staring at me? how did I defeat that demon? I go to the library where I find my dad and ask him what happened. He told me everything and that Tycho, Magnus, and Alec are gone. Why would they leave?