~three~

"Why'd you only call me when you're high?"

SOFTLY HE SPOKE,
and gently he weeped.

"I just really love you."

"When you're beyond wasted from hours of drinking and higher than a kite."

"No, all the time, dear."

"It's three twenty-six in the morning. Quit crying. Boys don't cry, even if they are faded."

Remus heard a click and he knew the battle was lost. He sobbed carelessly, yet it was calm and controlled. All in vain were the streams of tears running down his soft cheeks, that shone with a rosy tint from the fluster he felt but couldn't quite name. Turning his phone off and tossing it aside, hopeless, Remus laid his head on the familiar slightly-yellowing pillow that always seemed to be the best shoulder to cry on.

Not bothering to suffocate the noise of his sorrows that emitted endlessly from his aching soul, he cried through the early hours of dawn, only stopping when through his window he could see the sun painting its canvas with colours of eloquence and care.

Still gone, he wrenched himself from the security of his bed, not really wanting to leave its protection. Walking to the kitchen, his tear soaked and red eyed face startled Sirius and James, who had been sitting and eating breakfast. James, who happened to be the closest to Remus, bolted up from his seat, his features washed with concern.

"Mate, you alright?"

Desperately wishing to say No, I'm not alright, but the words got caught in Remus' throat, choking him. They seemed to settle in the pit of his neck, not wanting to come up.

All Remus could do was advance towards his friend, and embrace him into a deep hug, and despair rushed him over again as it had done not long ago.

James tried all he could to console Remus back to calmness, but even when Sirius rushed over, noticing James' pathetic attempts, nothing would work.

Eventually, Remus decided to just return to his room, seeking the seclusion and comfort his bed brought.

That seemed to be a mistake.

-----
•stop unfollowing me you fucks, i have a life i can't be updating 24/7 :-))
•also short chapter, i know sorry. i'm planning something good i promise