Chapter Five

Dougie's POV
Wow that was interesting. It was almost like they were the only two people out here. It looked like the plan was working . Yeah you heard right, this was all part of mine and Calum's plan. See me and Calum, Luke and Michael spent a few hours together last week, they are really cool guys. We went for a few drinks after writing together, Ashton went straight home he wasn't in the mood, and somehow we got on to the conversation of relationships. Calum mentioned how he was in a happy relationship with a girl called Nia, but some people weren't so lucky in love. He used Ashton as an example, he had been through a rough break up with this girl Paisley and although this was a good 6 months ago now, he was only just picking himself up from it. I knew all too well what going through a bad break up was like, I had a rough break up a few years ago. I sympathised with Ashton and I ended up explaining what happened with Aria. I didn't go into too much detail, but I knew how much Aria admired Ashton although they had never actually met. We started talking about different things they were into and realised that they would be a perfect match for each other. We had a long discussion about what the best way to go about this was. We thought the only way to get them to meet each other would be backstage after a gig. However it had gone so much better then planned. Calum and the backstage passes was part of the plan, so of course I told Aria we were going backstage after the show.
I turned to Aria who still could not believe what had just happened.

'Looks like you have a fan Sis.' I said smirking.

'What do you mean?' she said confused.

'Did you not just see the way he looked at you Aria? It was like there was no one else here, he only had eyes for you' I replied smiling at her.

'Who?' she questioned slightly confused.

'Ashton, who else would I be talking about?' I exclaimed.

Aria's POV
'Doug, don't be so silly. We were just talking. I was like any other fan to him.' I said trying to convince him.

'Aria, I didn't see him look at anyone else like that.' he reassured me.

'A guy as good looking, kind and talented as Ashton Irwin would never look twice at a girl like me.' I said as I pulled up my sleeves to reveal deep pale scars on my wrists. Yeah I have had problems in the past with depression and self harm. It has hit me and Doug at one point or another.

'What are you talking about Aria? You are beautiful and Ashton saw that. In fact you know he's been through that himself in the past. That's why you idolise him and why you are here today. I would be very interested in seeing what happens backstage later.' Dougie said trying to encourage me to stay positive. I just stopped listening, I didn't believe him in the slightest. Yes we have been through similar things but I was just one of the many fans he'd saved.

Calum's POV
'Alright mate, what happened back there?' I asked Ashton slyly.

'What do you mean?' he replied defensively.

'Ash, you know exactly what I mean. You couldn't take you eyes off her' I shot back. Ashton stayed quiet so I continued.

'you know if you like her you should get to know her. Don't let what happened before get in the way. You deserve to move on and find happiness for yourself mate' I smiled at him reassuringly.

'Oh and how am I supposed to do that now it's not like i'm going to see her again. I felt like it was just us two there, she is the most beautiful girl I have ever set my eyes on' Ashton explained looking unhappy about his missed opportunity.

'Well actually I happen to know that she will be backstage after the gig.' I smiled cheekily,

'How do you know that? Cal, what have you been up to?' Ashton asked looking a little flustered.

'Nothing, I just happened to be introduced to her as well. She is Dougie Poynter's twin sister.' I carried on to explain that I gave him the tickets when we wrote with him the other day, and that Dougie had given them to his sister as a birthday present because she was such a big fan, and as a gift from us I had given them some backstage passes.

'That's awesome' he said with a smile on his face that I haven't seen for a very long time.

Aria's POV
The back doors opened again and Luke and Michael appeared. They waved at the fans and worked there way down the line taking pictures and signing autographs. They had been told by management to go further down the line because Ashton and Calum had spent too much time with us, but they walked past and said hi to Dougie anyway. They were out for about 6 minute until they were called back into the venue.

Suddenly the line we were stood in surged forward as the doors of the venue flung open. We all tumbled in and I went over to the merchandise stand. Doug brought me a t-shirt and a programme and then we made our way to our seats which were in the front row. We watched the opening act, Hey Violet and One Ok Rock who I loved. They were amazing, not long after One Ok Rock left the stage everyone fell silent waiting for what was to come next. Then 4 silohetted figures walked on stage and the crowd went wild. The lights went up to reveal the identity of the silohettes as Michael, Luke, Calum and Ashton. The crowd screamed a little louder when the music started blaring from the amps. I watched Ashton as his eyes scanned the crowd and to my surprise landed on me. I gazed back at him and noticed a big smile make its way to his face.

Ashton's POV
(2/3's of the way through the set)
I couldn't believe my eyes, there she was front row singing her lungs out. Dougie stood next to her looking like he was enjoying himself. I couldn't stop smiling, and I turned to look at Calum who was stood to the side of my drum kit. He had noticed and was chuckling to himself. I couldn't help but feel that he was up to something. The song ended and we had decided to do something a little different for the next. It was also going to surprise the audience. We decided attempt a cover of Jess Glyne's Hold My Hand, however we were all going to switch positions. Luke was going to take my place on the drums, Michael was switching to bass, Calum to guitar and I was going to be up front singing. I new switching positions wasn't going to be my only fun in this song.
Luke explained what was going to happen as I made my way from my drum kit to the front of the stage. The crowd seemed quite excited.

'Who wants to Hold My Hand' I shouted to the crowded, signaling the others to start playing. I got a chorus of screams in reply and the intro started. I instantly made my way towards the crowd to the one girl I wanted to get my hands on. I saw Aria's eyes widen as she realised I was walking towards her. I positioned myself on the barrier and grabbed her hand, intertwinning my fingers with hers.

Aria's POV
The gig was amazing, it was a shame it was nearing it's end. There was a gap in the song and the guys were indulging in casual chitchat and explaining a surprise they had up their sleeve. Luke went into more detail as my eyes followed Ashton as he left his drum kit.
Suddenly Ashton yelled 'Who wants to hold my hand?'. I flung my hands in the air and screamed. I went to put them back down and as I did I felt someone intertwin their fingers with mine. I looked up and realised it was Ashton standing on the barrier, who had a smirk on his face. He winked at me and started singing.

'Standing in a crowded room and I can see your face,
Put your arms around my tell me everything is okay'

With that he put my around his waist, while I went bright red. He stayed there until the end of the first chorus before he gave me a quick hug and made his way to the other side of the crowd to interact. During that moment I realised that each time he had come up to me he had given me butterflies. I hadn't had that feeling in a very long time and it never felt like this. The gig soon came to an end and me and Dougie were taken backstage.