Chapter 11: Missing Pieces

Chapter 11:  Missing Pieces

Lacey's POV

The next day...

"Morning." I whisper, looking up at Klaus who plays with a few strands of my hair. "Morning, sweetheart. Sleep well?" I smirk. "With you? DUH." He laughs, causing his dimples to show. Soft indentations on his cheeks that never seem to fail making butterflies erupt throughout my stomach. They will always be there. I can't get rid of the way I feel for him. No matter how far away we are. Yet there's still something in the pit of my stomach that bothers me. 

The fact that I've chosen love over family. Not a choice I ever thought I'd make. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, even though it hadn't entirely been my decision. I've practically chosen Klaus over Stefan and Damon. My 'brothers' took me in, made me feel safe. And I'd forgotten of them. And Elijah and Kol. I feel as though I've torn the Mikaelsons apart.

I don't regret my decision of loving Klaus. I would never. I just regret that my decision caused me to lose the ones I love.

Klaus looks down at me with concern. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing. I'm just... Thinking." He kisses my cheek and makes me blush. "What's on your mind?" He asks.

I shake my head, brushing away the gesture. "Nothing's wrong. How could anything be wrong when I'm here with you?" It's cheesy, yeah, but it's true.

I find myself straddling him, my eyes shine brightly with amusement. Bright blue. His eyes are blue,and lips pink. Full and puffy. Perfectly kissable lips. Ones I can't decline. So I don't.

Elijah's POV

I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom, weighing out last night's events. It seems Lacey and my brother have gone back to the way they were, and they're happier now. Things feel like family again. Everything is in the right place the way family is supposed to be. And for once in what must've been two millenniums I feel accomplished.

It seems a miracle child was all it took to make Niklaus happy again. The way he used to be. The way he should be. Because after everything this family has been through, from Mikael to doppelgangers, it deserves happiness at the very least.

And I feel proud to say that after what must have been 25 lifetimes of treachery, my family is getting a go at happiness. I can only hope it will last as long as we've worked for it.

Lacey's POV

After a bit of... yeah. I showered and dress, when I get a phone call.

Unknown Number.

I answer, noticing Klaus head to the kitchen from the corner of my eye. "Hello?" 

There'ss a chuckle on the other end. "Lacey. It seems we've had a bit of a miscommunication lately." My eyebrow furrowed. "I'm sorry, who is this?" I asked\. Weird. I should hang up. But I don't. "You're a smart girl, Lacey. I think you can figure this one out on your own. Besides, I'm a bit hurt you've seemed to have forgotten me. I can't say the same. A face like yours is hard to forget."

"Marcel."

He chuckles. "There you go. I knew you could figure it out." 

I scowl. He toys with me. "What kind of game do you think you're playing? What do you want from me?"

"It's simple, really. I've found out recently that your boyfriend has been lying to me, trying to overthrow me. You see, I can't have that. I'm going to need someone on the inside to help me out." 

I laugh, amused at this gesture. "What makes you think I would ever help you, Marcel?" He chuckle. "See, I thought you would say that. I got one of my guys to do a little tracking. Apparently it's slipped your mind to mention you have a brother. He was so terrified when he arrived, I didn't exactly give Diego specific instructions, that must explain it. Anyway, Skylar is here for a little motivation. My guys are hungry. So to avoid all of this drama, I just need you to do a little sneaking around and you can have your brother back. Deal?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't have any brothers."

"You're lying!" He says, amused. "That's what you tell them, what you tell yourself so you can sleep at night."

"So how do you? How do you sleep at night? AFter all you've done. You know how important family is, Marcel. To you, to me, to Klaus. You know how important trust is."

"You're avoiding the subject. I can put him on the phone if you want... But it'll hurt."

"No!" I yell, stopping him. "No. You don't have to do that. I'll do it."

If you guys wanna know what Skylar looks like, he's played by Callan McAuliffe and there's a pic on the side. Song for this chapter is Battle Scars by Lupe Fiasco & Guy Sebastian.