CHAPTER 1

Lydia woke up as usual, very early in the morning. She walked to the window of her apartment kitchen and opened it to test the temperature. Automatically she closed it, it was really cold outside which meant she would have to take a coat to school.

Besides the cold it was a lovely and sunny typical autumn day in New York and it made her smile.

She walked to the counter of her kitchen, took a mug and poured some coffee on it. Her apartment was not big but it wasn’t small either.  She was suppose to share it with Emilia, as Lydia’s mother said, but when Em started school  they were not that close and Emilia told her uncle she was going to live closer to her school because she needed time alone to study.

Lydia smiled, that’s Emilia always studying

Lydia smiled, that’s Emilia always studying. She shook her head and took a sip of her coffee, it smelled so good, she loved that sent.

Suddenly she heard a noise coming from the living  room so she slowly walk to it. The front door was actually the one making the noise and Lydia got scared, was someone trying to break into her apartment.

She grabbed a baseball bat she had near the door, Stiles was all the time telling her to keep it close just in case.

She got closer to the door and was ready to hit the person who dared entered to her home like that.

The door was opened. And she was ready to swing the bat, but stopped herself right in front of the intruder, who was not actually an intruder.

“Lydia!! What the hell??” Kit said covering his head.

“Oh my God Kit!! Why are you entering the apartment like a thief” she put the bat down.

“Like a thief?” he closed the door “I’m using the front door Lyds”

Lydia shrugged, realising she was overreacting.

“The key got stuck that’s why it took so long” he said

“Yeah ok... but I told you like a thousand times! Leave a note when you leave” she hit the back of his head “I thought you were sleeping idiot”

She turned around and went back to her coffee, which was still in the counter.

Kit followed her and smiled showing her a brown bag from Starbucks

“I brought bagels” he swung the bag in front of her which made her smile she took it.

“Fine, you are forgiven” she poured coffee in another mug and gave it to him “But don’t break more rules”  she said

He grabbed the mug and laughed

“Fine mom I won’t”

Both sat on the kitchen table and Lydia noticed he was wearing a shirt and a tie.

“What’s with the tie, are you going somewhere?” she asked and he smiled again.

“Yep, I’ve got a job interview, for the TIMES” he said with pride in his eyes. "Apparently I have great chances of getting it”