Drowning

The sound of her girlfriends alarm wakes her suddenly. Taylor stares at the ceiling, breathing heavily, her body paralyzed as she tries to recover from the intense dream she just experienced.

''Good morning, baby'' Karlie coos groggily as she reaches over to encase Taylor's sweat clad body in her arms. The singer flinches at the contact, her mind still buzzing from the remaining visual of her nightmare.

''Are you okay? What's wrong?'' Karlie shoots up, eyes darting back and forth over her girlfriend looking for any signs of distress.

''Just another bad dream...I'm..I'm fine'' Taylor replies with a shy smile. Her heart is hammering in her chest in her attempt to appear calm, exhausted from the stress of it. Karlie gives her a sad smile as she rolls onto her girlfriend, snuggling her face into her neck, her lips brushing the soft skin as she inhales the girls scent.

''That's why Dr Walker is coming over today. To talk to you about all of this, she'll be able to help you baby'', Karlie replies before hesitating for a second, ''I have to get ready for work ...'' she waits, holding her girl tightly for a minute before hearing Taylor's sobs. This has become their daily routine the past few months.

''I don't want you to go to work, p-please don't leave'' Taylor cries against Karlie like a child, her arms and legs wrapped around her. The model sighs sadly.

After months of abuse in the media, the singers anxiety has reached an all time high. She can't leave the house now without having a panic attack and therefore chooses not to, but recently her worries have caused her to panic every time Karlie leaves also, terrified that she won't come back. She can't understand how Karlie can love her when she is so depressed, which makes her feel like the model will leave her for someone else, causing her to be even more anxious and depressed.Catch-22. But with her girlfriends support she has finally agreed to speak to a professional about the way she has been feeling, she can't continue like this.

Karlie feels lost, not knowing what to do with the crying woman in her arms that she loves so dearly. She feels a tear of her own slide down her cheek.

''Darling'' she coos lightly, in an attempt to calm her '' I have to go to work. You know this, Dr Walker will be here this afternoon and then I'll be home before you know it''

The singers sobs quieten slightly but there seems to be no sign of them stopping as Karlie pulls herself away slightly, wiping at her face. She stares down at her, and even given the dynamic of the situation is still memorized by those teary ocean blue eyes. Karlie had always been in awe of Taylor's strength, never quite understanding how her girlfriend, who always felt so small and fragile in her arms, had it in her to deal with the abuse she received on a daily basis. But they broke her this time, there is only so much a person can take. The anger towards the media and bullies on social media has been tearing at Karlie for some time, only managing to hold it together in public due to the fact she doesn't want to make things worse for her girlfriend. But she knows the older woman will get through it, and she will do whatever it takes to help and support her.

Karlie finally manages to untangle the smaller girl from her, leaving her sobbing against her pillow as she heads into the bathroom. The model whimpers against the wall of the shower in despair, hoping the sound of the running water hides the noise of her cries. When she returns to the bedroom, Taylor is asleep again, physically exhausted from the ordeal. Karlie watches her whilst getting ready before leaving her a note reminding the singer how much she is adored, lightly kisses her head, quickly feeds their cats and leaves for the day, hoping to come home to her smiley, bubbly Taylor.