7% - i got lost without you

[occured while he was in 'australia', really, and really, she was in england]

"i miss you."

"why do you sound so awake, zayn?"

"why wouldn't i?"

"because according to my phone it's..... 4:15 in the morning in adelaide, which is where you are. because you are in australia."

"oh, right. i just couldn't sleep. haven't been sleeping much, really. miss you."

"as you've said."

"not going to say it back?"

"no."

"oh."

"yes. i miss you, tons. it's never felt right when you're gone, you know that."

"and now i can tell you that i love you, too. which is like, a huge relief, em. you don't even understand. i've been in love with you since—"

"can we not have this conversation over the phone? wait until i see you in person. want to be able to kiss you when you say it."

"you want to kiss me?"

"i always want to kiss you."

"always?"

"always."

"always want to kiss you too. so that's good. can i kiss you the next time i see you? like, would that be okay?"

"of course. i want you to."

"okay. that's good. wanted to kiss you for a long time, so—yeah. i'll kiss you. and can i call you my girlfriend?"

"you want me to be your girlfriend?"

"don't sound so surprised. yes, because i love you. and i want to kiss you. so of course i want you to be my girlfriend, em. don't be stupid."

"hey."

"i'm kidding. you're not stupid. but i have to go. i love you, girlfriend."

"i love you too, boyfriend."

-

ONLY ONE MORE PART I'M CRYING TALK ABOUT CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.