Beautiful [Karkat x Abused! Reader]

You fell to your knees, letting every hit and scratch that your parents gave seep in.

Your father pounded into your side, a hit that would bruise and would eventually scar.

Your name is [Full Name] and today is your 17th birthday. Yes, your birthday. That wretched day when you came into exsistance.

Why were you letting your so-called "loving parents" do this to you? It was normal treatment. This has been your life after school ever since you were 7 years old.

You felt your crimson blood stain your lower lip, and for once, you actually ran.

Ran away from this dreadful exsistance.

Ran away from everything.

And you never looked back.

-Present Day-

That was 3 years ago. You are now 20 years old and you go to AlterniaBound University.

Well, you're not going to ABU yet, but your letter to see if you've been accepted to this prestigious college or not should be coming into the mail today.

Checking the mailbox, you see an official looking letter with the monogram for AlterniaBound University. Your heart starts to flutter at the envelope you held in your hands.

You rushed inside, nearly scaring the shit out of your roomate, Shelby, and her, as he called it, matesprit, Kankri Vantas as they were (by your knowledge and past experiences) either playing video games or sleeping.

Hearing the shots being fired from Halo, you pointed towards the former option.

You see the messy haired female gamer fall off of her yellow beanbag chair as she looks up to you.

"What the fuc- oh, salutations, [Name]," Shelby says, irritance slightly laced into her voice.

"Uhm..oh, sorry Shelby. I didn't mean to startle you," you apologize as she makes a dismissive hand gesture.

"Ah, don't sweat it. Just don't do it again."

You could hear her  lover snore, so you giggled a little.

"Oh god dammit, you dumbass! Get up~," the 20 year old says, flicking the trigger-happy troll in the ear.

Walking out of the room. You hear your pesterchum go off.

Who was pestering you now?