Ch.1 Reunion

Colby's P.O.V

Brennen and I just arrived at the indoor gymnastics place that I wanted him to come to with me for vlogging. There was a lot of people but I didn't mind, except for Brennen. We found a corner to stay at and we started vlogging. I was teaching him how to do a back flip.

"At the peak of your jump, that's when you wrap your legs and tuck em like this," I showed him, before I proceeded to do my backflip.

Brennen tried it, but he couldn't get it that right.

I was laughing.

After sometime, he was finally getting the hang of it.

While we were vlogging and having fun, we saw someone that looked like she wanted to use the part where we were jumping.

"Hey Brennen, I think she's trying to go," I said while getting out of the way.

Brennen moved and the girl ran and started her jump off with an aerial flip, then did a flash kick, jumped, and did a double backflip layout, landing inside the pit.

Brennen and I looked at each other in awe, amazed at what we were able to witness.

The girl climbed out of the pit and we made eye contact. She looked familiar, but I couldn't seem to remember her at the moment. I think she recognized me too, but our thoughts got interrupted when Brennen spoke.

"Damn girl, that was awesome!"

"Thank you." She laughed. "Your flips were pretty good too."

"Eh, they were alright." Brennen shrugged.

I was still staring at her trying to remember where I've seen her before. She looked back at me and smiled.

"So what'd you think Koalaby?"

At first I was confused, but then it hit me. There was only one person that called me that.

"Noooo way, no freaking way!" I said. "Sadie?!"

"Haha hey Colby, long time no see."

"Is that actually you?!" I said still surprised.

"Yah Colby. Mersadies Royce, high school best friend of Sam and Colby," she responded still laughing.

"Wooow, you look great!"

"Well thank you. I've been going to the gym since college started. You know building up them muscles and toning my body cause of all the things that happened back in high school. It actually's been fun though." She smiled.

"And your hair too."

"Yup, got rid of the black tips that I didn't redye, decided to straighten it for once." She grinned pointing at her auburn hair. Then her expression changed. "But I actually feel offended that you didn't recognize me." She said shaking her head.

I felt guilty. "No I....I"--

"Dude I'm kidding." She interrupted.

I was still staring at her though unsure of the situation, and she was looking back at me with skeptical eyes. Then out of no where our lips started getting wider and we burst out laughing.

Brennen was looking at us like we were crazy.

We were still laughing when I opened my arms for her hug. She came closer and wrapped her arms around me in an embrace. Our laughes died a little as we pulled apart.

"How are you here though?" I asked confused. "I thought you were going to Sterling?"

"Yeah I did but I transferred to USC about a year later cause I was offered a job for modeling here and it pays well too."

"Modeling huh?" I questioned giving her the 'I told you so' look.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I model," she murmured, "Don't you dare say anything."

"Mmm fine I won't, " I said smirking.

She looked at me unconvinced then glanced at the clock on the wall. She sucked her teeth making a hissing sound and turned back to me. "I kinda have to start heading out cause I have some classes in the morning."

"That's fine, but can I get your number so we can catch up?" I asked taking out my phone.

"Yes of course," she responded, jogging to where her stuff were and coming back with her phone.

We exchanged numbers and I hugged her again before saying bye.

"See yah." She said then turned to Brennen. "Was nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too." He said.

She got her stuff and started walking away. She turned around, smiled, and waved at us a final time before leaving the place.

After she left I turned around to Brennen smirking at me.

"She's hot, I think y--" I cut him off.

"No, she's just a friend," and do you even know who she is?" I questioned.

"Well no. Why?"

"Remember the girl I showed you on my phone with really curly hair that I said was a good friend of mine back in high school?" I asked.

"Yah, your hot ex girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes and was waiting for him to catch on to what I was trying to tell him. His face expression looked confused for a second than it turned into surprise.

"Waaaaaiiit a minute, that's not her is it?!"

I nodded.

"Wow that glo up though. Like she was hot before, but she got like hotter somehow."

"Okay? And so what?" I asked, getting slightly irritated, but i didn't know why. What he was saying was definitely true.

I guess he didn't notice my mood because he was still pressing on. "Do you know if she's single? I mean if she's just a friend to you, you think you can hook me up with her by any chance?" He asked, getting more excited.

I sighed, beginning to walk over to where our stuff were. Brennen jogged over to my side, while looking at me confused. "Hey, are good bro? If you still have feelings for her then I respect tha—"

"Brennen, I don't like her like that anymore," I said, cutting him off, "I just see her as a really good friend.

"Mmhmm," he hummed sarcastically, obviously not believing what I was saying.

"Really I'm serious, and if you want, I'm totally okay with you liking her," I stated as confidently as I could.

He gave me one last look before beginning to pack his stuff so we could leave. "Whatever you say man."

.

.

.

.

.

.

HEYYYYYYY!!!!! Finally made a sequel to Doubt It Gets Better • (Colby Brock). If you haven't read the first book go to my profile and read the first book first before this one. I'll write the second chapter soon, and I hope you liked it.

DUECES✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾

ps: will be changing the cover soon when I get the chance.