Chapter 27.

It's been a week since I joined the veterinary clinic. I still haven't informed my aunt about it because I have a strong feeling she wouldn't let me work if she gets to know that I am happy working there. Although it gets pretty tiring for me to manage the house chores, school work and the clinic work all at once but I somehow try to work it out. Zayn on the other hand has been really supportive, he brings me lunch at work whenever I'm busy and helps me with my school work as well. I'm happy with how things are going on at the moment. It feels nice to finally have a little bit peace in your life. However my coworker is a really nice person as well. He knows how to make a person cheer up if they are having a bad day. In just a week I've grown close to him, our work schedules are different timings but whenever we have our shifts together, he makes sure to  accompany me. Niall and Zayn haven't met yet but I know if they meet, Zayn would like his personality.

I walk inside the clinic with Hazel in a basket, since I always bring her to work because I don't trust my aunt and the twins back there when it comes to my cat. They totally despise it.

"Hey, Niall!" I greet Niall with a grin as I enter the clinic and spot him busy scrolling on his phone. His eyes quickly lift up at my voice as a huge grin appears on his face.

"Hey, love." He waves at me and I place Hazel on the couch and take off my beanie along with my sweater but it gets stuck to my hair, making me squeal. I try to pull it up but it is horribly stuck in my hair that it got me stiffened in a weird position. Now I can't even take it off or wear it back again.

I hear Niall laugh at me before I hear his footsteps nearing towards me and I feel warm hands grab my wrist, making me stop moving. "I'll help you," he says.

He slowly and carefully entangles my hair and sweater and I quickly throw it away in frustration, groaning in process. I look over at Niall who is standing extremely close to me with a light smile on his face.

My hair probably looks like a mess right now because I can feel it everywhere on my face. Suddenly, I feel Niall's hand touching my face as he brushes it in my hair, pushing my hair away from my face and behind my ears. I quietly stare at him as his thumb grazes over my cheeks slowly. Before I can step away from him, I hear a familiar voice from the doorway making my head jerk in that direction.

"Maire?" I look over at Zayn who stands on the doorway with a bag of food in his hands and I quickly step away from Niall. I watch the expressions on Zayn's face closely, his eyebrows raised and knitted together, his lower lip in his mouth as he stares at Niall and I.

Clearing my throat, I walk over to Zayn with a smile on my face but he doesn't look at me for once. His eyes stay fixed on Niall and I'm hoping he doesn't break Niall's jaw right now.

"Hey," I whisper, grabbing his free hand and I give it a squeeze which catches his attention and his eyes travel to me. He stares into my eyes as if he is searching for something, his stare is making me uncomfortable. I know what he is thinking and I have to make sure he knows I won't ever hurt him. "Do you trust me?" I ask him.

"I do," he quickly says, without even taking the time to think about it which makes a smile appear on my face and I link my fingers with him.

"I would never do anything to disappoint you," I whisper before, walking over to the customer who just walked inside the clinic.

After Niall and I got our work done, while Zayn used his phone and kept glancing on Niall from time to time, we finally get the time to eat the food Zayn brought for me.

"You never told me you had a boyfriend, Maire," Niall says, taking a bite from his sandwich and I lean my back against the couch Zayn and I are sharing. I feel Zayn's body tensing up as Niall strikes a converation with me.

"But you know now," Zayn says dryly and I purse my lips together, holding my breath when Niall's eyes travel to Zayn and they both look at each other as if they are from two opponent teams ready to have bad blood at the very second.

"Nice to meet you, Zayn." Niall speaks, emphasizing on Zayn's name with a blank face. This is not the typical cheerful Niall I get to see everyday. He looks quite pissed at the moment.

"Likewise, Niall." Zayn speaks in the same tone, emphasizing on Niall's name. My eyes travel between both of them as I stare at them with widen eyes, taking huge bites of my sandwich in process. I am too engrossed in the awkward tension going around the room that I don't even get to know when my sandwich finished and I bite my fingers. I flinch, pulling my fingers away as I stare at my now-gone-sandwich which was supposed to be in my hands. I have never eaten so fast in my life before. And it wasn't because of hunger.

"Are you okay?" Both of them quickly raise their voices in worry and I lean further back against the couch, staring at both of them with an awkward face.

Why can't I just disappear all of a sudden?

Moments like these make me want to have some super powers which would make me invisible whenever and where ever I want.

"You can't have super powers, Maire." Zayn gives me an unimpressed look.

Crap.

I can feel my cheeks heating up in embarrassement as both of the boys stare at me.

"Zayn, I think we should leave. My shift is over!" I quickly jump from the couch and rush towards Hazel, carrying her basket in my arms.

"Bye, Niall, I'll see you tomorrow!" I yell, quickly exiting the clinic, not even daring to wait for Zayn as I leave him behind and practically run away from the awkward situation.

I give out a huge sigh after coming out from the clinic, leaning my back against Zayn's car. He finally joins me with an  unpleased look on his face.

"I don't like him!" He announces, getting in the driver's seat and I take a seat next to him. He looks so bothered right now. I take a deep breathe and decide to stay quiet. I don't want to get in any type of argument with him. By his behaviour, he looks like he will snap in any minute.

"I said, I don't like him." Zayn repeats, staring at me. I close my eyes for a second before turning my face to look at him.

"I heard you, Zayn." I calmly reply.

He knitts his eyebrows together as he quietly looks at me, trying to read my facial expressions which are calm. He gives up and rolls his eyes, looking away from me and starting the car.

"Don't get too close," he says and I give out a deep breathe in annoyance.

"Quit the jealousy, Zayn. He's a nice guy and I only see him as a friend. I have told you earlier, I wouldn't do anything to disappoint you." I finally speak out, connecting my Ipod to his car's bluetooth speaker as I quickly play a song before an argument starts between the both of us.

I swear I heard him mumble something shortly after, but I couldn't exactly decipher what he said due to the loud music blasting in the car.

~*~

Leave your feedback please.

And don't worry, I remember the next line so you don't have to call an ambulance, cry or think I forgot it:😂😂

Keep smiling cause it looks best on you. Love y'all and Zayn a lot. Xx

P.s: I'm dissappearing from wattpad as soon as I finish this book, for a half an year or a whole year. Will be back with a new book.