Chapter 47

Your POV

Bam Bam and I ran down the streets, the gang slowly catching up to us. I had to gather the hem of the sheet up because it was starting to fall right in front of my feet. My feet felt as if they were torn apart, from the inside out.

Bam Bam suddenly pulled me into a building, rushing down halls. It was like a maze. Where were we going? Could I trust him? No one really was to be trusted in this reality.

He pulled me into a dance studio where six other guys were warming up. When they saw the sight of me, their jaws dropped. I guess they weren't expecting Bam Bam to bring me with him.

"Jackson!" Bam Bam said, his voice steady but stern. "Get this girl some clothes. All you others come with me."

Bam Bam pushed me away towards some guy. His shove was enough to knock me off my feet a little, stumbling to the ground. My knees stung as they made contact with the ground. The guy, most likely Jackson, helped me up, half carrying me out of the room through a different door, leading me into some back storage of some sort.

This Jackson kid pulled me behind a box, keeping me behind him. He looked over the top of it, his grip tightening on my hand that he had taken into his.

Some crashes and yells came from the room we came from before. I was glad I was safe over here.

"What's your name?" the Jackson kid whispered, turning his head towards me.

"Y/N," I whispered back, giving him a small smile. "Thank you for protecting me."

"Who are those guys?" he asked, jutting his thumb towards the door we came from.

I gave a shaky breath, a shiver running down my spine. "A gang. They want me for... I don't know. Their boss is a guy I know. I don't know what he wants from me."

"Come with me," Jackson said while standing up. "We'll get you some proper clothes."

I got up and followed Jackson down the dim hall, stepping over boxes and worn-down costumes. I had to keep one hand on the wall to guide myself.

Soon we reached a door. Jackson opened it, revealing a costume and makeup room. He gave me a small smile. "They have normal clothes in here. They won't miss anything."

He then walked over to a clothes rack, thumbing through each article of clothing. I started doing the same, keeping an eye out for anything I liked.

"Do you have a phone I could use?" I asked, still searching through some clothes. I flicked by a sequin top.

"Mhm," he mumbled in agreement, pulling out some shorts. "You like these?"

I sneaked a peek at them. They were cut short with some lace at the edges, making them look pretty. The denim was a soft, almost white blue and it looked like the shorts would run all the way up to my waist. "Those look good."

I turned back to the rack, and suddenly I ran into a shirt I liked. It was a crop top T-shirt. The color was a faded pink. A small pocket hung from the left of the chest.

I pulled it out, showing my new friend. "What do you think?"

He looked up from the rack and smiled when he saw it. "Perfect," he said, handing me the shorts. "I'll be out in the hall while you change." He then walked out the door, leaving me with the clothes in hand.

I hurriedly shoved the make-shift dress off me and threw on the new clothes. As I finished up buttoning the shorts, I looked into the mirror.

I looked like a normal girl. But in my E/C eyes, I could see the sadness and exhaustion. Across the bridge of my nose was dirt and sweat piling on top of each other.

I looked around once more. There was a sink in the corner of the room. I hurried over to it, splashing the cool water on my face.

After I was done, I looked back into the mirror. I looked a bit better. I should probably put my hair up, I thought to myself.

There was a knock at the door. "Y/N? You okay in there?"

Suddenly a panicky feeling sprung into my chest. "One more minute!"

I looked around frantically. Someone was going to kidnap me. I could feel it. The way Bam Bam shoved me towards Jackson... He seemed to not care. But why did he save me?

Something caught my eye for a second. Six feet above the ground was an open window. I could escape from there. I could be free, run to Yoongi. He would protect me.

I jogged over to the window and pushed it out. I could only reach it on my tip toes. As soon as I got the idea, I jumped up, pulling myself over the ledge of the window. But that was a huge mistake.

As I heaved myself over the window and out into the world, I went face first into the concrete alley.