Prologue

Friday, May 17th, 2013

Dear Dallas,

Hey bro, I miss ya lots. Mom and dad really miss you too. When are you coming back? I’ve been a mess without you here. I know, there wasn’t really anything you could do. Cancer’s a bitch. I don’t care if I’m cussing, I literally could care less.

Well, it’s been a rough 3 years. Today’s our birthday. We are turning 17 today. You’re older than me, but only by 2 minutes, so whatever. Happy Birthday to us! I would say hope you’re having fun in heaven, but we have the same religious views so that’s kind of pointless. I’m just glad to know that you’re not suffering anymore.

Anyways, I guess I should write a little about myself? Considering this is MY journal. But that doesn’t matter, because you were always snooping through my stuff anyways.

Well, to start off with I’m writing this journal because I think I’m going to pursue my dream and become a writer. Remember when we were about 9 and I told you I wanted to become an author and you laughed at me? You wanted to be a firefighter. You wanted to save people’s lives. Well, since you passed, I have noticed every small detail about everything. I don’t talk as much as I used to, don’t get me wrong. I’m still a blabber mouth. But, sometimes I like to stay quiet and observe and take in all of my surroundings. So, I bought a journal. I’ll write everything that I notice. And I’ll probably write about what happened that day, is that okay with you? I’m going to try to write in here everyday. But, it might be hard considering I’m starting senior year next year. Hold on, while I cry on the inside because I have to go through senior year without you.

Okay bro, well I guess I should fill you in on what has happened? Well, last week-ish I dyed my hair red. Yes, my brunette hair is now red. I mean, I did it without mom and dad’s approval and let’s just say they weren’t too happy. But mom got over it faster than dad because she said she liked how it looks. Okay, well anyways our friend group is still together, sort of. Some people have joined, some people have left. Now we call each other our “clique”. It’s a song. I’m sure you’d love it if you were here. Well, now it’s Rachel, Tamara, Ashley, Phoebe, Nadia, Todd, Anthony, Drew, Jack, Ian, and I. Yeah, more girls than guys but whatever. People come and go.

Anyways, I’ve got to go. I have school. Ew, it’s going to be a nightmare. Just pray (ha, just kidding) for me that the teachers give me a break because it’s my (our birthday).

P.S. Sorry about the tear drops on the page. Thinking about you, gets me emotional sometimes. I promise I’ll work on that.

Love you lots,

Jasey