☍ six

Just an FYI: Commenting throughout the chapter will definitely encourage more updates. Just saying ;) But thanks for all the love and support for Jailbird, it means the world to me!!! If there's anything you'd like more of or less of, let me know! If I bothered you with something, or if you have questions, comment!! If you hated it just comment that it's ass or something, ya know. Love you guys, thanks again!! Xo Willow

Also, Calum looks soooo fuckin fine in the new cover, oh my fuckin' god I'm fuckin dead Ms. Keisha...

-

I opened my eyes and was startled to see I wasn't alone.

Of course I remember going to the bar with Luke, not even sipping a drink, and talking absolutely bullshit to this sloppy brunette who thought it was so hot that I just got out of jail. I remember taking her home, I remember telling her nicely to shut the fuck up with her heels, and I remember having sex with her. No feelings, no commitment.

It was disgusting.

She was faking being asleep. I could tell because when I opened my eyes she moved a bit, signaling that she had just closed hers again out of surprise that I'd woken up. I rolled my own eyes, thinking of how I could do this.

"Feel free to make a bagel before you go. My roommate says they're going to go bad soon," I said as I stood up from the bed, stretching my naked body. The cracks and faint soreness of my back showed how nicely I slept. I pulled on some boxers, and then looked at her.

She was pretty. No Bexley, but she definitely had her looks going for her. Judgement, not so much, but she was cute. "Can I at least get your number?" she asked. I'm not entirely sure what her name was but I knew I didn't want her texting me.

"No phone yet, sweet cheeks," I said and she deflated a bit. "How about this: I'll make you a bagel. You like butter? Cream cheese? Jelly?"

The girl then looked disappointed. I felt as if this must have happened to her a lot. I mean, she had to expect this from going home with a loser ass jailbird who just got out of prison the day before. The sex was one hundred percent consensual, as I was sober and knew that, despite the drinks she had, she wanted this, too. I just hadn't realized she wanted more out of it, like breakfast. If I had more than a dime to my name, I'd take her to McDonald's out of pity, but I didn't.

However, she did take up my offer on the buttered bagel, and it kind of amused me. I half expected her to get upset and say something like, "Oh, I'm fine," followed by her stomach growling and holding her head due to a hangover. That's what girls did. They were so weird.

She wasn't even wearing pants when she walked out through the living room, where Luke was sitting, and into the kitchen. He was holding the remote and comically stopped surfing through channels to completely freeze and look at us. I just shrugged and we kept going. As the bagel was toasting I watched her flip through a cooking magazine Luke had for some reason. She was very tan, very leggy. Her hair was messy, in a kind of intriguing way. She must have already checked her makeup somehow before I woke because it was only slightly smudged as to how it was by the end of the night last night.

"Eyes broken?" she asked without looking up.

I hummed, turning my attention to the bagel and making sure it didn't burn. "Not really," I replied. "You any good at cooking?"