EPISODE 9

Swara was standing in front of the glass wall in her office, her gaze grazing absent mindedly the fairy scene painted under her feet... In a maxi long black dress, its mid arms sleeves discovering her shining bangals assorted with the hearted entwined SS pendant she's playing with at her in neck.
Her look focuses on her reflect on the glass, her right hand presses on her lower belly wondering:

Has she changed?... Now that she's not alone, now that a tiny small life was beating with her heart there, has she changed?
Her face was tired, her eyes swollen with long night's cries yet sparkle was illuminating her huge black irises and for the first time, a faded rose was coloring her cheeks and yes it seems like a smile on her face...
It even seems like if somewhere... Somehow... She feels a kind of warmness in her heart, a warmness she forgot about for so long that she doesn't know if it means really happiness. Ha maybe that's it... She's going to be a "ma" and she's surely happy for that.
A knock on the door cuts off her thoughts, she closes her eyes taking a deep breath, throw back on her shoulders her loosened hair and goes to sit at her desk. At the second knock she says wiping the pearling tears at her eyes corners:
"- come in!"

Dragging his bare feet lazily, the old chacha walks in, she details him from toe to hair, in his short black kameez and churidar, his opened sleeveless mid waist coat and the turban hating his white hair, his eyes hidden behind the black glasses and his right hand griping his flute tightly, he would look somehow classy if his outfits wasn't so covered with dust... he stands in the middle of the room waiting, after some times, he clears his throat and says:
"- ehm... ehem... little madam ji, if you don't know yet what will you say to me, I can come later..."
"- kya name tumhara?"

Sanskar frowns behind his glasses, something has changed in Swara's voice, she's even detailing him with interest which was making him nervous, did she discover the reality? No way! She would be fighting with him like the lioness she has always been and...
"- I know you're blind, but not deaf... name?"
"- Aman... dekho, little madam ji, if it's about my music, promise... I'll never disturb you again... don't worry"
Sanskar was honest, after what happened last night, he promised himself to never try to disturb her again...
Actually, the idea of coming here with that fake identity was the unique way to keep an eye on her when family isn't around, he has noticed how careless she's becoming day by day, she could have been harmed in that accident at the temple project field, or worst when she stayed for long hours at the top of the tour in cold... it was impossible for him to just stay away.
Then he saw that she was losing hope; losing strength... didn't he tell her before? He can handle angry Swara... not sad Swara... As long as she keeps fighting with him, she'll be alive!
But last night he wasn't here, he couldn't protect her and at the idea of what could happen if he didn't come back early he shivers... thank to God she didn't fall ill, bade papa has been very evasive when he asked about what doctor said, so he was so happy when guard informed him that she wanted to meet him at her office.
"- if you want, you can even keep the flute with you to be sure, I'll not..."
"- shhhh! I asked for your name... just name! take a seat, Aman ji!"
"- ha!?"
Sanskar's mind bugged for a second... she sighs repeating like if talking to a small child:
"- sit down, please..."
As he sits on the ground, she exclaims:

"- nahi nahi... sit on the..."
"- oh no little madam ji, it's ok, who am I to sit there... and don't worry, I'm more used to sit like that..."
He crosses his legs and was about apologizing again when she says:
"- I'm sorry Aman ji... I know you didn't mean to disturb me; and I'm really sorry for your tent, I don't know..."

"- hey madam! Stop apologizing like that..."
Sanskar starts feeling really bad, what's going wrong with his Swara? He adds:
"-I'm confused... why are you..."
"- can't you just shut up and listen to me?"
She startles him, for a second he imagines himself at home... saying some nonsense at his usual and Swara scolds him playfully. This memory breaks his heart, his look begged Swaraa for forgiveness behind his glasses... feeling overwhelmed, he bows his head afraid to let her see his sadness.
"- I came here last night to talk to you, but you weren't here..."
She takes a deep breath closing her eyes then opens them and says :
"- I've decided to take my sister's advice and engage you at the academy... you can teach flute to students as honestly you're really a good flutist"
He looks up shocked!
"- kya hua? You want to stay here, hai na? and you want play flute... then join Swasan Academy, I'll ask them to prepare one of the staff rooms so you can live in it"
As he keeps quite, she asks:
"- WHAT? Say something!"
Sanskar returns to sense and mumbles :
"- em... eh.. em..."
He frowns more trying to think about it and says:
"- nahi nahi little madam ji, I don't need your pity, I can manage!"
She looks to him, her beautiful big eyes veiled with what? Sadness... hurt... he feels guiltier and adds:
"- dekho... it's so kind of you, you're really a great person little madam ji... but I'm not the kind of persons who can have a stable job with monthly salary and fixed work's time... I can work here as a servant, making tea or snacks, cleaning around, this kind of things but teaching, I really can't..."
Swara thinks for a while then says:
"- ok, done! But at one consition..."
"- Can I ask you something?"
"- Of course play for me... Guerua song..."
Sanskar was disappointed, he asks her tightening his grip on his instrument:
"- play for you? But you hate this song!"
"- who said that?..."
She stands and walks toward him before saying :
"- this song is..."
Tears fill her eyes looking aside to the outdoor decor... Those roses recall her that day when her Sanskar has promised her to make her feel like a real princess... She chases her tears away wetting her lips then look again to him asking:
"- I really want to listen to you playing this song today... Please!"
"- but..."
"- you didn't forgive me?"
Her pleading wide eyes make his close his eyes afraid that she can see behind the wall his glasses were separating them with.... It was hard to keep a detached tone on his voice as tears were warning to overwhelm him too:
"- how can you say that? It's just that I feel a bit... Shy..."
Swara has a small heartful giggle startling him, for few seconds she was his Swara, beautiful and bubbly Swara... He forgets how to breathe until her voice makes him land on earth again:
"- I'll not look at you then..."
Applying her promise she goes to her desk, sits on her chair and turns her back to him looking to the photos ornamenting the wall there... At the first notes of flute her memories flow long time back to the first time she met Mr Sanskar Maheshwari... the devil who became her prince...
His acting madness with Ragini, his hatred toward his family, his cuteness avoiding her scrutinizing gaze... His guilt facing her with truth and his redemption path putting his life aside for hers... Until slowly, she became his life...
He faced her ignorance with patience, her anger with a consoling chest to cry on... Even in his anger he kept protecting her... Scolding her for being so careless for herself... Tears beams at her eyes thinking about his arms holding her from behind dancing on those same notes...
That's what she wants her baby to know about... She caresses her belly letting tears flow freely on her cheeks, she whispers in her heart:
"- this is your ma and baba story little one.... This is the love which blew life in you, sweetheart... Not what happened yesterday!"