Chapter 6 - A Little Too Protective

Chapter 6:

Ross POV:
I was finally able to return to school. Poor Hailey probably had a tough 3 days. I was surprised when I heard she made a new friend. When we arrived at school I saw a kid about my age looking at her. "Not again" I thought in my head. "Hey Zack" Hailey smiled as she walked up to him. "Hey" Zack replied. "Who's this?" I frowned. "Oh this is Zack, my new friend" Hailey said. "I wasn't expecting your new friend to be a boy" I said, looking him up and down. "Uhh.. I'm gonna go now.." Zack said and walked away. "Okay.. Bye" Hailey said, watching him leave. "Umm I want you to make girl friends, not guy friends" I said, facing her. "I don't understand why it matters!" Hailey said angrily and walked away. I sighed and watched her leave. Doesn't she realize I'm only protecting her?

Riker POV:
When Ross arrived home I realized he was really depressed. "You ok?" I asked. "Yea... Hailey has made a new friend" Ross said, looking down. "How is that a bad thing?" I asked curiously. "It's a guy.." Ross said. "Oh.. That's not good. Does she like him?" I asked. "More like loves him. I'm scared that if I let her date him he's gonna break her heart one day.." Ross said. "You can't let her date him. 1 that's not fair to Rydel and 2 like you said he could break her heart." I said. "What if she doesn't like my answer? She'll hate me forever!" Ross said. "No she won't, trust me. Does Rydel hate me?" I said. "No.." Ross said. "Exactly so just tell her no!" I said. "Alright, I will" Ross said and stood up. "If you need any advice just come to me, ok?" I said. Ross nodded and walked away. I hope she won't be mad at him..