Chp 1: An invitation

Note: In this story, Pewds and Marzia were never a couple. I love them both and can't break them up, not even fictionally, so this will have to be that alternate reality version of Pewds that never met Marzia. O.o

Felix's P.O.V.

"Good game tonight, bro. That's going to be an awesome video!" I said to the masked man over the Skype call. Cry and I had just recorded some more Prop Hunt with Ken and Minx.

Even though it had been 4 players, Cry and I only wanted to search for each other. We had been gaming together the longest and had grown close. I was still a little curious about the man behind the mask and was tempted to ask why he wore it while we skyped... but I would never.

"Thanks. You too, bro" he said in his low voice, snapping me out of my thoughts. "So, have you heard of Gamer Grail?"

"No." I admitted, "What's that?"

I could see a slight smile flutter under the edges of that expressionless mask as he explained. "Gamer Grail is this year's greatest gaming competition. People are voted off by viewers based on skill and personality until the one girl or guy left wins the grail. The grail has all sorts of prizes in it... Limited edition XBox 1, $25,000 cash, the chance to be in an upcoming video game, and a surprise..."

Now he had my interest. "A surprise?" I asked, and the poker face mask nodded. "I'll check it out."

"Good!" Cry said cheerfully, "I should add that it isn't in Sweden, but you'd figure that out eventually anyways. Hope to see you there!" On that, he hung up and the smile mostly hidden under a porcelain mask disappeared.

"See you there?" I thought to myself. Is Cry going to be there? Could I meet him in real life? I have to find out more about this competition.

I quickly searched "Gamer Grail" and found one of the most elaborate competitions I've ever seen. Scrolling down, I saw that it was to be hosted in Florida... It looks like I'll have to buy tickets.

Look out masked man.

Here I come.