Chapter 5

Avoiding Lauren was one of the hardest things you have ever done in your life. Ever since you had almost kissed her in the bathroom you had decided to keep your distance, it was wrong, she was your sisters best friend.

It was so wrong but yet it felt so right. You couldn't help but catch yourself staring at her at lunch, or scrolling through her Instagram and stare at every single beautiful selfie she posted.

Camila hadn't let up on you either, whenever she could she would be as rude as she could and it wasn't helping with all the stress and anxiety you were having over your personal and social life.

You purposely made sure to stay late after school or sleep over Ryker or Cody's house so you wouldn't run into Lauren at your house. The only time you were ever home was in the morning to shower and get clothes for the week along with some other stuff. You were practically living at your friends house and one night you even slept in Cody's car.

You had gotten your license last weekend and had spoiled yourself a little by buying yourself a used car. It was a truck but it had a long bench like seat in the front and had a very roomy back. You had already filled it with clothes, pizza boxes, and textbooks.

It was awesome to finally be able to drive to wherever you wanted to, gas was a little pricy but you were making enough money from the guys you were playing and you had gotten a job at this astronomy place. They had a room where you could lay down and see the stars, even though they were fake they were still beautiful.

You missed being at home though. You missed sleeping in your own bed and playing video games and being around your family. You don't even know why you were avoiding Lauren in the first place, why would you trust some vague words from your sister?

You started up your car and drove home quickly, Camila would be staying after late to make up a test but you know Lauren would be at your house, she was always there. You parked in the driveway and grabbed your backpack and your drumsticks before you hopped out of your truck and bounded up the steps into the house.

Silence.

Lauren was probably in Camila's room, your parents had remodeled the basement for you and had moved all of your instruments and books down there. You could finally have band practice at our house without Camila complaining about how loud you were playing and singing.

You weren't completely moved out of Camila's room there was still a couple of clothes and your guitar were left. You bounded up the steps and swung the door open to see Lauren sitting on Camila's bed, the thing that made you drop your algebra textbook was the fact that Camila was sitting in Lauren's lap. Their lips locked together and Camila's hands in Lauren's hair.

They broke apart when they heard the loud thud and you just stood there in shock. Lauren looked at you with an expression of shock and Camila quickly scrambled off of Lauren's lap.

"Y/N I-I didn't think you'd be home so early." Lauren said, flustered.

You didn't say anything except turn to look at Camila with angry, hot, tears streaming down your face. Camila just smiled at you.

"Oh sorry Y/N I didn't think be home, oh well." Camila's grin grew as she saw you take a step toward her.

"H-how could you?" You turned away and looked at the picture on your wall of you and Cody, you were seven in the photo, your arms over each other's shoulders with pure joy on your faces.

"Y-you played me Lauren, I-I thought you actually l-liked me but no you're just like everyone else, I hope you and Camila are happy." You picked your book up and grabbed your guitar before heading out the door. You could hear Lauren yelling after you, but you didn't stop.