Chapter 12- The real Shawn Mendes

Emily's pov

Shawn had begun driving me home, occasionally asking me for directions, and if it weren't for the soft hum of the radio it would be completely silent.
I was so nervous, and scared, and angry.

"Do you mind if i.....?" Shawn asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. His hand was near the radio, volume dial thing. "This is one of my favourite's." Shawn smiled nervously at me. I realised he meant the song that was on. He had asked me if it was alright to turn up the music in his OWN car. Is this the same Shawn in the rumours? Every little thing he does says otherwise.

"Emily?" He whispered.
"Oh, uh no. I mean yes! I mean, sure you can turn it up." I stuttered like an idiot. Shawn chuckled and i couldn't help but melt and smile in return.
Shawn turned the music up and it was Justin Beiber. Shawn started singing to the lyrics causing me to laugh.
"And I was like Baby, Baby, Baby!" He yelled horrible causing me to laugh harder. Is he serious? Was this guy with a terrible reputation seriously singing/screaming Justin Beiber?.
"Baby, Baby, Baby!" I yelled with him. When the rap came up, we went crazy. And the whole time we kept glancing at each other.

"Luda, when I was thirteen, I had my first love
There was nobody that compared to my baby
And nobody came between us no one could ever come above
She had me goin' crazy
Oh I was starstruck
She woke me up daily
Don't need no Starbucks
She made my heart pound
And skip a beat when I see her in the street and
At school on the playground
But I really wanna see her on the weekend
She know she got me dazin'
'Cause she was so amazin'
And now my heart is breakin'
But I just keep on sayin'"

We both paused and stared at each other before bursting into a fit of laughs. Everytime we would stop to breathe, we exploded into laughs over and over again. Soon we were just laughing for the sake of laughing.
The song was well ended before either of us had stopped because it got to the point where shawn had to pull over and it physically hurt to laugh anymore. To think i was deserted on the sidewalk less then 10 minutes ago.

"I can't believe you like Justin Beiber!" I exclaimed and he grinned.
"Yeah, well, there's a lot of things you don't know about me." He chuckled.
"Tell me more about yourself then!" I looked at him with admiration as he started to drive again.
"Well what do you want to know?" He flashed me a lopsided smile which caused the butterflies in my stomach to turn into crazy birds.
I paused to think for a second before speaking. What did I want to know? I have so many questions I didn't know where to start.
"How does a dorky guy who listens to Justin Beiber end up with a terrible rep?" I raised an eyebrow. He frowned and I cursed myself for ruining the mood. I started fidgeting with the hem of my wet dress.

"Its kind of a long story." He finally said, his lips pressed together as he focused on the road.
"We have what? 20 minutes before we get to my house? Im all ears." I nervously smile.

"I-I haven't actually told anyone the whole story." He mumbles looking over to me for a brief moment before turning hack to the road. Of course, it's probably something personal that makes him uncomfortable.
I mentally face palmed myself for being so stupid.
"Oh, im sorry, you don't have to tell me. God i'm so stupid." I said shaking my head and looking out of the window to avoid contact.
I felt his warm hand touch mine which rested on my leg, and my heart skipped a beat. My cheeks started to heat up for some unknown reason.

'No, its alright, i'll tell you. I feel....content around you Emily.'" I looked at him and he was already shyly smiling at me. I melted in awe. The way he said my name. The way he looked at me with that shy, nervous smile.

We kind of just held eye contact for awhile. Neither of us speaking. Just flashing each other shy smiles. The traffic light flashed green and he broke eye contact. I tried not to let my disappointment on my face show.