Mathematics

All For Nothing

.

.

CHAPTER 3: Mathematics

.

.

Zaviel Usuizaki had told herself numerous times to always keep her cool. Especially when it comes to agreements that would benefit her.

But nothing prepared her to handling the unique team of basketball players which is Kaijo.

"Which one is it?!" Hayakawa-sempai yelled out, bringing the book towards her face and pointing to some scribbled numbers, "It's all so near!!"

Currently, it was tutor time for Mathematics, which is all their worse subjects by the way.

"I believe you have to cancel out these numbers first..." She replied and pushed down the book so it was back to the table, "Then you don't have to worry about the discripancies in the answers.."

"I did that too but it didn't come out right..." Kobori-sempai showed her his work.

She sweatdropped after seeing all the solutions messily scribbled down on the sides of the pages, "You don't have to solve them manually you know... We have calculators for that..."

"Mine's with Kise,"

Zaviel picked up the eraser laying within arm's reach and threw it overhead, landing (and hitting) on said blond's head, "Kise, give Kobori-sempai's calculator back,"

Kise put on a pout, "But I don't have one!!"

"You're a freakin' model! Go buy one already!!"

Zaviel sighed, wanting so badly to do a facepalm, but it didn't seem right to. On one table of the library was her, Hayakawa-sempai, and Kobori-sempai. Moriyama-sempai and Kise were on the other table, doing math problems, and Kasamatsu-sempai was on the head, also doing problems.

"It's amazing how you're able to get these problems when you're not even in our grade yet," Said Kobori.

Zaviel gave a bored face, "Well, I had nothing to do."

"Seriously? And you're not even joining any other clubs?"

She shrugged, a small smirk gracing her face. Then just as she was about to retort, Kasamatsu-sempai came up, rather stiffly, and showed her his papers.

"Oh, that was quick," She got them and scanned through his papers, comparing it with hers, which were on the table.

Kasamatsu-sempai inched back a bit, probably to allow a bit more space for her. Then she leaned back and motioned for him closer, at which he was a bit shaky to do.

"You've got part of it down, but this part needs evaluation and you need to do first these in the parenthesis before dividing," She stated, circling some numbers with her red ballpen, "Other than that, Sempai's doing well. As expected of a Captain,"

"I-it has nothing to do with that..." He muttered back, but it didn't sound much of a stern statement. He got his papers back and went back to his seat.

"Usuizaki-san!" Kise wailed from behind.

"I told you to call me Zaviel, right?"

"Ah, Zaviel it is," He chimed and skipped to her place, dragging his chair along and sitting beside her, "Is this correct?"

"Your first step is already wrong. How do you expect it to go right?"

"So mean! Just tell me yes or no!"