Is There Hope

Hiro's P.O.V
      I just got home from hanging out with my friends, it's a Monday so that mean Eugene time! I quickly say hi to aunt Cas and sprint up the stairs to see him already fiddling with something.
     "Hiro, my man!" He jumps up rubbing my head.
      "Hey Eugene! What do you have planned for today?" I ask genuinely excited. Every time Eugene comes we go out and do something fun.
"Yup! It is a surprise though." He chuckles passing me my motorcycle helmet of the rack. It is week two of our visits since Hiccup woke up from his coma. Rapunzel and her father still haven't been found. I can see it is stressing him out. His eyes are more bloodshot and he has this dull hue hanging around him. Basically it looks like he is always hungover. It makes me slightly happy though that I can make his smile a little brighter.
We hop onto his motorcycle and begin to drive towards the outskirts of town. Within half an hour we arrive at the forest around the edge of town.
"Isn't it dangerous to go into the woods, WITHOUT PROTECTION MIGHT I ADD!" I wave my arms around. Our woods were known to be dangerous, from cliffs to random mud slides, our woods were anything but family friendly.
"I know a safe spot, come on." He smirks motioning for me to follow. Soon enough we are in a little tree circle with flowers blooming everywhere.
"What is this place." I question him. He looks down sadly with tears in his eyes.
"This was where I was going to take her once she got back from her trip." A single tear falls. Despite the circumstances I feel honored. This place obviously was meant for Rapunzel, who someone who is very important to him, and he decided to share it with me.
"No news?" I ask, hoping and praying that there is some new development in the crime.
"No news."
"Is there even hope anymore!" The words slip out of my mouth before I can stop them. I cover my mouth with my hands in shock as if to prevent any more unwanted words from coming out. Eugene looks at me for a moment, his expression hardening before it softens again.
"I don't know." He finally admits hanging his head. I put my arm around his big shoulders and lean on them. After a few moments a scratchy yet beautiful voice tears through the forest.
"Hello! Is there anyone out there?" Eugene jumps up.
"Rapunzel!" He screams running in a random direction but I pull back and stop him.
"Dude she was kidnapped! The kidnapper is still out here! Call the cops!" I tell him pulling out my phone. I quickly dial 911.
"911 what's your emergency?"
"We are in the woods of San Fransokio and believe that we have found the missing Rapunzel Haddock. Please come immediately!" I shout as I struggle to keep Eugene in control.
"Please do not do anything rash. Authorities are on their way."
"AHHH! NO! PLEASE ANYONE HELP! HELP US PLEA-" the same voice screams again but is cut short. Eugene breaks from my grasp and runs toward the voice.
"Too late." I mumble as I hang up.
"Rapunzel!" Eugene yells. Oh boy, here we go again.

Rapunzel's P.O.V
It's like I'm in glue. I can hear everything but see nothing. I can't move. After what seems like forever I see a dim light. Then it grows larger and larger. I groan and rub my head to find a lump. I look around and see that I am near a cage. I look closer and see a lump.
"Dad!" I shriek as I run to the cage.
"Rapunzel?" He questions like he's seen a ghost.
"Don't worry dad I'm gonna get us out of here." I say. He tries to protest but I don't listen.
"HELLO! IS ANYONE OUT THERE?" I scream at the top of my lungs.
"Rapunzel no he could hear you!"
"Oh he already did." A pale man with white hair in all black comes out of the shadows, "Frollo, but you will call me Master." He starts to approach me with a rope.
"No, no please," I beg but he doesn't listen but approaches me swifter, "AHHHH! NO! PLEASE ANYONE HELP! HELP US PLE-" I am cut off by Frollo picking up a rock and smashing it over my head.

Eugene's P.O.V
We arrive at a cave in forty minutes with the police right behind us. They had found us ten minutes in.
"Where is Rapunzel Haddock?" A man with a nice mustache and large chin asks me.
"We have reason to believe that she is in here. Eugene and I heard her screaming while on a hike." Hiro explains for me.
"NO! DAD!" Rapunzel screams again from inside the cave. Whoever has my blonde is going to pay. She lets out a lone scream that makes me run faster.
"Sir wait!" The man yells again but I ignore him and run in. My heart stops as I see what lies before me.

Rapunzel's P.O.V
My head is pounding as I sit up again. I have a rope around my wrists and am laying on the edge of a cliff. There is a cliff inside the cave we are in, no I did not teleport in the time I was knocked out. Frollo is leaning against the wall playing with a gun. My dad is tied like a dog to a post.
"Frollo let us go." I shake my head sitting up. I am trying to buy my time as I untie the ropes, with success I might ad. I do an internal victory dance as I feel the ropes fall limp.
"It's master to you."
"Never!"
"Oh then you will enjoy the burn of hellfire dear." He evilly smirks as he raises the gun.
"Rapunzel!" My dad yells as he breaks his bonds and runs at me. In slow motion I see Frollo cock the gun. My father leaps in front of me right as Frollo pulls the trigger.
"DAD! NO!" I scream as my dad stumbles backwards. He shoots me a look of love before taking the seventy foot drop off of the cliff. He is dead before he hits the ground. I lean over the edge reaching my hands out as if they could bring him back. I wipe my tears and stand up, ready to turn around and fight the man who killed my father when I feel hand shove me between the shoulder blades.
"Goodnight princess." He sneers as I fall to the ground. My body explodes in pain as I hit the ground. There is a small stream in the cave that I luckily land in but my head hits a rock. I see white in front of my eyes. Am I dying? Then the world comes back into focus. It is blurry but still here.
"Sir put your hands up!" I hear an officer yell somewhere. I roll my head to the right to find my dad on a stretcher as the paramedics cover him in a white sheet. It is so final. He is gone.
"Rapunzel! Guys over here! Oh sh-"
"Language." I tease Eugene. His large chocolate eyes water with tears.
"Even in this state you still manage to correct me. Oh my gosh your head! PARAMEDICS GET OVER HERE NOW SHE COULD DIE!" He yells. Four doctors come running over and load me onto the stretcher. As they pick me up I see blood in the water, my blood. I look at Eugene's terrified face and a kid next to him before the world goes black.