seven.

"Good evening sweetheart," Tyler greeted me with a hug from the back as soon as I stepped foot into the apartment. "How's your day?"

My mood was lifted almost immediately as my lips curled upwards into a genuine smile while I melted a little on the inside.

I had a bad day at work, reports and proposals were filing up and I can't seem to find the time to complete them all on my own. But as soon as Tyler engulfed me in his warm, tight hug I felt better instantly, as if all the burdens were lifted off my shoulders momentarily.

He tilted his head slightly, giving me a small peck on my cheek.

"It's not that bad, now that I'm with you."

It's hard to stay angry at this sweet heart like this.

"Good evening babe," I greeted and returned the kiss. He released me and it was only then did I realised that most of the lights were switched off.

I quirked an eyebrow at him as my eyes scanned the surroundings suspiciously and curiously.

"Why are the lights off?" I asked.

"Follow me," was all he said as he ignored my question blatantly.

He interlocked his hand with mine as he led me to the dining table.

My mouth fell open a little as I gasped in awe. Tyler had prepared a romantic candlelit dinner for us, cliche but very sweet and thoughtful.

A smile fell on my face automatically at the sight that greeted me.

"Wow, Tyler..." I mumbled in awe as I tried to take in whatever was in front of my eyes. Fairy lights decorated the place, a stalk of rose on my side along with a bottle of red wine.

"It's nothing big... I was hoping this would make up for you know..."

"I love it Tyler," I quickly assured him, placing a kiss squarely on his lips this time. "It's the sweetest thing you have done in a while. I really appreciate it," I told him with a genuine smile to which he returned.

"So shall we start?"

"Of course, I'm starving already," I told Tyler as I patted my tummy with a cheeky smile on my face. He pulled out the chair for me to take seat, and I did not protest like I usually do.

It felt like as though we went back to a few years back when we didn't have kids. Just the two of us enjoying life alone, going on romantic date nights and travelling the world together to visit places we have never seen. I missed all of that. Now with kids, it's just hard.

All of a sudden, something in my brain clicked.

"Where's Eira and Coro?" I asked, my eyes widening to the size of a saucer as I started to have a mini panic attack.

Opposite of me, Tyler let out a deep chuckle as he looked at me, shaking his head slightly while my eyebrow shot skyward.

"Don't worry Al, they are with your parents. I brought them over for tonight, so we have tonight for ourselves," he told me as he started to wiggle his eyebrows at me suggestively.

"Oh god," I mumbled under my breath with a playful eye roll. "You are almost 30 Tyler," I pointed out.

"Excuse you but I am far from 30," he retorted with exaggerated arm movements.

"Yeah sure..." I drawled, giving up on the idea of arguing with him.

"Let's just enjoy the food shall we? It's not getting warmer."

"Right, of course," I muttered before picking up my utensils. The aroma of the mushroom sauce lingered in the air, it smelled just like heaven.

I cut a small piece of the steak and slowly stuffed it into my mouth, savouring it with every bite.

"This is so good," I told him, letting out a contented sigh as I sank back into my seat. "Did you cook this yourself?"

"Of course I did. If I say so myself, I'm a pretty awesome chef," he told me proudly as his arms were crossed over his chest, his head tilted upwards slightly.

"Well, I'm glad to marry an awesome chef like you," I said, letting out a soft chuckle as I tucked a piece of stray lock behind my ear.

We lapsed into comfortable silence as we enjoyed our meal together with the soft classical music playing at the back ground.

Neither of us made an attempt to start a conversation as we just sat together and enjoy the other party's presence.

"Wine?" Tyler suggested all of a sudden, breaking the silence.

"Sure, I would love some," I said as I pushed my glass nearer to him, allowing him to fill the cup. "Thanks," I mumbled with a grateful smile as he filled my cup before filling his. I took a sip and thought I was in heaven, it tasted heavenly.

"Loving it huh?" Tyler's voice reached my ears as he watched me with amusement dancing in his eyes while jutting his chin towards the glass of wine in my hand.

"Mhmm... It's heavenly."

"Of course it is, it costed me like over a hundred bucks."

"Over a hundred? Holy..." My eyes widened a fraction as I stared at the glass of wine in my hand that I was twirling. "What did I say about spending on expensive things..."

"It's never too expensive when it comes to you."

"Did you put cheese in this?" I asked, gesturing to the plate of steak in front of me.

"No, why?" He asked as confusion embraced his features, his eyebrows knitted together.

"Because you are cheesy as hell," I replied. "But I love cheesy," I added with a wink.

A/N:
I know I know, go ahead and scold me or hit me. I'm so sorry for updating so so late but it's on hold anyway. I tried really hard to update but I'm just too busy with school and other stories to manage.

Hope you guys will understand 😊

Anyway, finally we know how Tyler made up to Alexandra. Isn't he just the sweetest? Oh but that's not the end of their night together ;)

So do stay tune for the next chapter which I will try to upload ASAP

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoy this chapter!! 🙆🏻💖

And feel free to leave a comment to tell me what you think or what you might wish to see more of!

Much love,
Rachel xx