The Black Heist

I've done it a million times, this would be no different. I smile as I walk through the double glass doors of the bank. "Kara, you in position? Over" I speak to the person on the other side of my earpiece.

"Affirmative, are you? Over" She chuckles over the mic, I slip someone's thick leather wallet out of their bag and place it in my own pocket. "Affirmative, after this we'll never have to steal again. Execute the order. Over and out." A woman from behind the counter looks at me so I stroll over to her. My cat ears twitch as they identify all the separate sounds. "Hi" I say to the young woman behind the counter, she blushes from behind the safety of the bullet proof glass. "H-hi" She stutters then blushes even more, I chuckle at her and slide a piece of paper under the glass. "That's my number. Call me when you're done here." She giggles then turns away. When she does I phase through the floor. "Kara. You've got the route covered right. Over." I start packing the money into my bag, "Kara, with this much lien we'll be set for life. How about that Escape route. Over" I stop packing the money into my bag and hold onto my earpiece. "Kara? Kara are you there?" No reply, I'm starting to get worried now. "Kara!" I almost shout. Then the police sirens sound above me. They're here and there's no Kara. Something's gone wrong, something's gone very wrong indeed. "Hello Y/N." The voice sends cold shivers down my spine, "This will teach you to steal from me. There is in fact loyalty among thieves. Have a good time in prison." I stand frozen and collapse onto the ground, I'm underground there is no escape, I can't phase through miles of dirt until I reach the sea. My semblance would run out and I'd be buried alive. It's over for me, the amount I've stolen in my short life. Such a waste, I guess me and Kara will never get to Menagerie. But at least we will leave prison at the same time, so we can start all over again. Like we did all those years ago. At times like this I remember the past; from my birth into the white fang, and my eventual abandonment when I refused to do what they asked. I will miss Kara almost as much as I miss my childhood friend Blake, I just hope she did something better with her life then staying with the white fang. A single tear drops from my eye but I wipe it away before it leaves my face. I kneel facing the door with my hands behind my head. They burst in through the vault door, guns in hand, they push me to the ground as they handcuff me. "Is this it?" One of them asks another.

"Yeah, there was this kid and the dead girl outside." These words truly ended my life, Kara is dead. No future, no life in menagerie, the end. That bastard Kresh will pay for this. I'll kill him, I fucking will. I give no resistance as the police take me away, silently plotting my escape and how I will murder Kresh.

In the back of the police van I sit silently, calculating every move the police make. We turn off the road that the bank lies on and I decide to act. I phase through the van and hit the ground behind it as it speeds off round a corner before screeching to a halt. The handcuffs were also off now so I sprinted through a wall into an empty warehouse. "Shit" Is all I can say as I realise I just entered a White Fang rally inside the warehouse. One of the initiates is far behind the others so I choke them and hide them behind a crate. Good thing this is a warehouse. I place the cold white mask over my face and join the group, some dude with red hair is speaking the white fang. He's not a Faunus which is peculiar, but I don't question it they've done some questionable things lately. I need to find a way out of here, it's the only way I will ever find Kresh, and slide a blade between his ribs. Ahead of me I see a very familiar weapon, "Is that? Gambol Shroud" As if on cue the owner of the weapon turns around. It must be Blake, only she would give her weapon such a ridiculous name. Apparently it means something, God knows what. A part of me smiles as I see my old friend. But another frowns when I realise where I am, good thing the police do a really shit job of searching people, otherwise they would've found the weapon in my trousers. I pull out my one handed crossbow. I attach the grappling hook arrow and fire at a nearby ledge, I fly over to the ledge where surprisingly no one sees me.

The room goes dark and in the split second between light and dark I'm hit by something, quite heavy, then another something. Then a third huge something. When my vision is restored I find myself on the face of a massive mech. "What the shit?" I attach another arrow to my crossbow and attach myself to the back of the mech. All I can do is hold on as the mech chases after Blake, it's the only way I'll be able to catch up to her. Behind me and the mech is see some blonde chick on a motorbike, a dude with blue hair is also there. Because today is going so well for me they start shooting at the mech, the same mech that I am attached to. Someone shoots me in the shoulder with what feels like a blast of energy. That doesn't make it hurt any less and I scream in pain as blood spurts from the newly opened wound. I pull out one of the sleep bolts for my crossbow and I rub the head against my open wound to work as a numbing agent. I start to feel sleepy as the narcotics effect takes hold. Seems I may of over done the dosage just a bit. "Fu..."

Author's Notes -And this is another story in the series I will be calling Colour-blind. Even though each story focuses on a colour. I eventually went with the Black thief for lack of a better colour associated with Blake. I might upload five chapters for this then make one with Yang. Then five more for Red then five more for black then five more for Yellow. Then and only then will I think about adding more to the colour-blind series, but anyhow tell me what you think. Zenith out...