p r e f a c e .

The Rosénberg nightclub was practically blowing up, swarming with teens that had used fake IDs to get inside the dimly lighted place. Although it wasn't very appealing to the eye, and there was a chance random pervs would try to get you back to their place, it was popular because of the fact that they had alcohol. For sixteen-year-olds, it was because of rebellion, wanting to be older than they were and in control of their lives. Aria was one of them.

Aria Montgomery was loving living in Iceland. After her best friend Alison DiLaurentis went missing, her parents had whisked her away to Reykjavik. Her mom said that it was because of her dad's promotion, but Aria secretly knew it was to get her away from Rosewood. To stop her from being known as 'the girl who was friends with the girl who went missing.'

She couldn't believe that she was going back to Rosewood after six months. It had felt like she'd lived there her whole life. Because of her new close friends, Charlotta and Dórey, she had stopped being weirdo punk Aria with pink stripes with her hair - no, she was the best Aria yet. She didn't have a dignified style, but she felt more comfortable being new Aria than all the other ones that were struggling to find themselves. And that's what she was celebrating.

Aria jostled her way to the bar, and asked the bartender, "Can I get a Tequila Sunrise?" The muscular guy behind the bar nodded and started to make her cocktail. She sat down next to a relatively cute guy that was drinking whiskey, and Aria could just tell that he wasn't one of the rebellious teens, he was a college guy. She began to think about Alison, and how another one of her former best friends Spencer Hastings told her and the others that Ali was in a secret relationship with one. But she was brought out of her deep thought when the guy next to her spoke.

"Are you new around here?" he asked her. Aria noticed that he had an American accent. Maybe he was studying abroad.

Aria replied, "Not exactly, why?"

"I come to this club from time to time," he said, a broad smile on his face. Aria's eyes wandered and she noticed how muscular he was. "And I'm certain that if I'd seen you around here, I would have remembered you. I'm Ezra."

Aria had been told many times that she was pretty. And to be honest, she was. With her shoulder-length dark hair and bright hazel eyes, since she'd moved to Iceland, many people noticed her beauty. She was easier to notice when she wasn't hiding behind Alison, practically her mindless minion. Aria still regretted just following Ali's decision to do The Jenna Thing...

She suppressed a shudder, and tried to focus her attention on Ezra. "Aria." She smiled sweetly and her smile turned to a grin when she heard the song change to one she loved. "I love this song." she said to Ezra, losing herself in the music.

"It's B-26 on the jukebox." Ezra replied, a smile on his face. "You know good music. What's your major?"

Major? Aria was unsure what Ezra meant until she realised. Ezra thought she was in college. Should she lie? Aria was trying to think fast between lying and telling the truth, and she felt Ezra's eyes on her while she was in thought. Just then, the bartender gave her a tequila sunrise, and Aria took a sip. "Uh, English. I have some sort of passion for writing, I just love it. What about you?"

"I just graduated." he replied. "I'm gonna be teaching English. Coincidence, right?"

"Right," Aria laughed, taking another sip of her drink. She was taken by surprise when Ezra's lips brushed against hers, not too firm but not too soft either.

"I'm sorry. It's just ... you're beautiful, have a great taste in music, write. I'd like to know more about you."

Aria smiled, hoping that she wasn't blushing. "Well, I'd like to know more about you too." And then Ezra's lips were on hers again.

Aria wasn't sure how, but her and Ezra had made their way into the bathroom. He propped her up onto the counter and pressed his lips against hers again. Aria wrapped her arms around his neck, embracing the kiss. Ezra was amazing at kissing, although Aria didn't have much experience, she could tell. This wasn't going to be a one-night stand. His kisses weren't fast or hungry, they were soft and tender. While they kissed, a smile grew on Aria's face. Ezra could tell and he smiled too. For a blissful second that felt like forever, they awkwardly grinned at each other before kissing again.

*****

Charlotta and Dórey were sitting in a booth waiting for Aria to come back. "Where the hell is she?" Dórey asked, frowning. She'd been thirty minutes, surely the queues weren't that long!

"Maybe she scored," Charlotta said, a mischievous glint in her eye. She looked at the bar to check and added, "And maybe we should get our own drinks." Dórey nodded and the girls stood up and walked to get drinks.

-----

Ezria getting hot and steamy in a bathroom ooh 😏 Anyway this is what happened between Ezra and Aria before the beginning of chapter one. I hope you liked this chapter, and vote, comment and share if you like! Later :)