Prologue

(Y/N)'s POV

"(Y/N) and Asher, come downstairs, we have news!" My parents yell. My twin brother and I walk downstairs, and I skip the last step.

"Yes?" I ask. Dad shifts uncomfortably in his seat, and I notice my parents holding hands. I become suspicious.

"Guys, we're moving to Paris!" Mom says, trying to sound enthusiastic, but she knows what we'll say.

"What? No. Nuh uh. No way," I say, shaking my head. My vision gets blurry as Dad says, "It's a great opportunity for your music career, (Y/N)!" I try to hold them in, but soon the tears stream down my face. Kilo, my cat, rubs against my legs, trying to comfort me. I can't believe them, I think, running out the front door. The cold winter air greets me outside, stinging my face, but I ignore it. Thankfully, I have my earbuds with me. I put them in, turning on my phone. I turn on "This Is Gospel," by Panic! at the Disco. It's soothing and I sing along.

"This is Gospel, for the fallen ones,
Locked away in a permanent slumber,
Assembling their philosophies,
From pieces of broken memories..."

I sing along, letting the tears run down my face.

"Oh wah ah oh oh oh,
(This is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)
Oh wah ah oh oh oh,
(This is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart)..."

I look up to see an older woman attempting to cross the street, [Cliché, I know] with headlights coming straight towards her. I rush to help her, running her across the street, with seconds to spare.

"Thank you," she says. "You better be more careful next time," I reply.

I should probably be headed home now, Mom's probably worried sick, I think. While I'm walking home, I run into Asher.

"(Y/N/N), Mom and Dad are looking for you," he says, hugging me. "I'm so sorry," I say, sobbing into his shirt.

"The fear, the fear of falling apart,"

I realize my song was still playing, and I shut my phone off. The song was over anyway. Asher and I begin walking home.

~Time Skip!~

My parents grounded me for until we leave New York. Asher didn't take the news as hard as I did. He's actually pretty excited. Something about "finding new friends." I'm dreading it.

~Time Skip!~

Well, today's the day. We have our luggage and are waiting at the gate.
"Flight to Paris, you are now boarding."

[Hey people! Thanks sooooo much for reading! It means a lot! Like I said before, this is my first story, so it's probably awful. Peace! •~•]