V. Lightning - Alois Trancy

Word Count: 398 words

You laid in bed, unable to sleep. You were tossing and turning all night. 

Outside your window, lightning boomed and cracked, making you jump. A yell soon followed.

"Ah! Help! Stupid storm! Someone save me!" 

That sounds like Alois, you thought. 

You raced to his room and pushed open the door. You could see Alois shivering under the covers.

"Alois, what's wrong?"

"The storm!" He whimpered. "It's-it's scary!"

Another lightning crack sounded around the room. Alois yelped and burrowed farther in the covers. He really was afraid of the lightning. You took a seat on his bed and rubbed his back comfortingly. 

"Hey, hey, it's alright. It can't hurt you."

"It's scary!" He glared. "I hate it."

"It's fine to be scared. We're all scared of something."

Slowly, Alois raised the covers off him. He looked around warily. 

"Hmm. You're, you're . . ."

I'm what? you thought. Don't leave me hanging! Say something!

"You're different. I thought you would say 'grow up' or 'don't be a baby'. Thank you, Y/N. Thanks for not treating me like a baby."

You blushed. Alois, at times, was surprisingly mature and kind. And you had a tiny crush on him. No, more like a major crush.

"Y/N? Y/N, are you there?" he asked. "I've been calling you."

"Sorry, Alois. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Nothing."

"Now, now. Do you want your tongue cut out?" He smiled, sickly sweet, the kind persona leaving him in an instant. 

"N-no"—You rushed to get your words out—"I was thinking about . . . you. Happy now?" 

You covered your face in embarrassment.

"Don't be ashamed," he gently chided. "I think about you all the time."

Realizing what he just said, Alois hid his face in the pillow. "Bloody mouth! Why'd you have to speak? "

Once again, you rubbed his back gently. It was natural to you. 

"Don't worry, Alois," you said. "I like you too."

"Stop lying, Y/N! No one likes me. Not even the servants or Claude!" Alois whined. "I'm a monster!"

I can't believe this, you thought. Alois likes me!

You leaned over and kissed a startled Alois.

"See? I like you. And you're not a monster to me. You're just Alois Trancy, the man I love."

♚ ♚ ♚

QUESTION: Do you like Alois?

AUTHOR'S ANSWER: Heck no.

Leave your answer in the comment section!

Edited: 1/8/18