Chapter 1- Coming Home

Maci
Just for once it would be nice if someone would miss me if I left

I put my pencil down and grab the picture of Sabrina. It's a picture of her and I when I was three years old. We were outside jumping on the trampoline and I attempted a back flip. It didn't end so well. But it was worth it because Sabrina was laughing for twenty minutes straight.

I've give anything to hear Sabrina laugh again. Or to just see her smile again. It's not that she doesn't laugh or smile it's because I haven't seen her in four months. She's been touring on her first tour for her second album EVOLUTION. I wanted to go with her but mom and dad said I couldn't go.

I swipe my thumb over Sabrina a tear coming down my face. I miss her so much. I place the picture back on the desk and wipe away the tears that decided to escape my eyes. I throw my head back looking up to the ceiling. The white ceiling pops against the lavender walls. I stare up at it for a while.

"Hey Maci m— what are you doing?" I hear Shannon ask. I look at the door to see Shannon leaning against the door frame. She has her hair in a bun and she's dressed in fancy clothes. Probably going out again. "Sorry what did you say? I ask blinking my eyes. Blood rushes back to my head after a while.

Shannon rolls her eyes at me. See Shannon and I don't get along very well. I try everything to get her to like me but nothing seems to work ever. "Mom and dad want you downstairs.... why can't you just be normal?" Shannon sasses me walking away. She leaves me there with hurt words.

She's always telling me that. "Why can't you be normal," or "what did I deserve to get stuck with you,". I haven't told anyone about it because well...... I'm a little more different than the average person. I suffer from social anxiety and have a brain disorder. I don't know how to say it because it's really long.

So talking to people in general doesn't go so well. I'm not so fast to pick things up either. So I'll get whatever the joke is five minutes after it's said. It makes me stand out and labeled "outcast" or "special". Just another way of putting it that you have a issue and you can't fix it so stay clear.

I get up from my chair and walk out of my room and down the stairs. I hear talking coming from the living room. For some reason I decide to walk towards the sound. Girl let me tell you I'm beyond grateful I did. Standing in the middle of the room was Sabrina. The real thing. My sister came home.

Sabrina
It's so good to be back home. I just got back two minutes ago. I missed everyone so much. Goodwin is jumping up and down at my feet barking like a maniac. I smile at him and pick him up.   He squirms in my arms licking my face. I squeal in excitement trying to dodge his sloppy kisses.

The EVOLUTION tour was amazing. My fans are the best. But after four months you start to get homesick. Dad, and Sarah were with me the whole time. But Shannon and Maci had to stay home. Well Shannon wanted to stay home. Mom and dad didn't let Maci go on tour with me.

Speaking of them where are they? "SABRINA!" Someone screams. I put Goodwin down and see who called my name. I run into Shannons arms hugging her tight. She wraps her arms around me and spins me around. "I missed you so much," I say into her shirt. She gives me a tight squeeze.

She puts me down and walks into the kitchen. Just one more person I'm waiting for. I turn toward the stairs to see her leaning against the wall. She's looking at me with a sparkle in her eyes and a few tears coming down her face. You see Maci is very special. You have to be careful around her.

You have to have a lot of patience too with her. But I wouldn't change her for the world because she's my baby sister and I will love her forever. Flaws and everything. I walk over to her and kneel down so I'm face to face with her. I take my thumb and wipe away the tears that are coming down her face.

She jumps on me wrapping her arms around me. Surprised I fall on the ground taking her with me. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight. She lays on my stomach her head on my chest. Ever since she was little the sound of my heart beat calms her down. No one else's. Just mine.

I comb my fingers through her hair smiling at her. "I missed you Sabby," she whispers looking up at me. I bop her nose and engulf her into a massive hug. Maci and I have a special bond that is special. No one in our family gets Maci like I do. She's my little angel sent from above.

She's the one that gets me through the tough times and the sad times. She's the one that makes me a better person on a whole different level. Everyone in my family makes me better but there's something different about Maci. I look down at her to see her playing with my necklace. "I missed you too," I kiss her.