~Chapter 18~

Please vote if you enjoy! xx

Clara POV

*Edited*

I feel light fall onto my face, and sinking into my skin as consciousness returns to my body. I attempt to open my eyes, wincing at the bright light shining onto me and closing them again. A few attempts later I manage to open them. I blink a few times as my eyes focus. A window to my right shines light into the room. A fireplace to my left warms the room and has a few armchairs facing it, though one has been moved to my bedside. Under the large window is a bench, covered in bottles and medical equipment. The room is eerily silent. I push myself up onto my elbows and pain sprays down my body. I wince and take a deep breath as I move my legs to the side of the bed. The feeling of the sheets moving against them was enough to get my eyes watering. I held in the cry. I had to see Draco. Was he alright? Did the Grindylows get him? Them? What happened to the girl?

Slowly I lower my feet to the floor and push myself into sitting position. I wince again, feeling my skin burn with every movement I make. I lower myself onto my feet, clinging to the bed. I take a deep breath. I can do this. I can. I push myself up, taking my weight on my feet. My head spins and my insides burn as my legs give way. I scream as I fall onto my side. I start to shake. Sobbing I push my head up to see someone running up to me, picking me up and putting me back in bed, but I don't hear what they're saying. The moment my head hits the pillow I lose consciousness again.

I hear the quiet sound of muffled voices and my eyes flicker open slowly. I see a figure standing by the bench under the window, wearing white. The people talking are sitting by the fire. I turn my head a bit more to see someone sitting in the armchair next to my bed.

"Harry?" I croak, wincing as my eyes focus on his dark hair. He jumps looking around until his eyes land on mine. 

"C-Clara?" He asks quietly, sitting up a bit and looking at me. I nod. 

"Oh thank god!" He cries, jumping up and taking my hand while giving me a dysfunctional hug. I smile at him. A few other people rush over, as my eyes focus, I see Hermione and Ron behind Harry and Madame Pomphrey on the other side of my bed. 

"Where am I?"

"A private room McGonagal arranged for you." Madame Pomphrey answers, giving me a smile and brushing her fingers over my forehead. "These three have barely left your side."

I turn to them, giving them a thankful look. 

"We came in and you were on the floor a few days ago! Do you remember getting out of bed?" Hermione says. A few days? I swear that was only an hour ago!

"Days?" I ask timidly.

"You've been in and out for two weeks, Clara." Ron says, gruffly scratching the back of his head, "Dunno how the necklace did it, but some sort of poison got into your bloodstream. You almost died."  Harry winces at the prospect.

"There has had to be someone watching you at all times- It's been awful," Hermione says, "There were a few moments where we thought we'd lose you." She sighs, 

"Everyone's given you gifts, look!" Harry says, trying to change the subject. He motions to my left, where a small table is next to my bed. 

"Help me up, will you?" I ask, and Harry lets me hold onto his arm while Madame Pomphrey gets me another pillow. I lean back against it, sitting up straighter now, and turn to see the table is covered in cards, flowers, and sweets. I smile, my cheeks burning. "They didn't have to..."

"No, they wanted to. You've been treated so badly by some of them, that now you've-" Harrys stops, looking down at my hand, "Almost died, they wanted to apologise."