Chapter 1

(Quick Note, the story will probably always be in Will POV unless I say otherwise.)

Will POV

I yawned as I dragged myself out of bed. I threw on a pair of light blue jeans, a red and blue plaid shirt, and my red, and tan vest.

I opened my bedroom door and walked down the hall to the kitchen, yawning.

"Will! Finally, your awake." Mom smiled. "I was on the verge of waking you up myself." She said, putting a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs on the table.

I sat down at the table and took a few bites out of my bacon and eggs. I heard the backdoor open and tensed slightly, but calmed down once I realized it was just Jonathan.

"Hey Will." Jonathan waved, closing the door.

"Hey Jonathan. Get any good pictures?" I asked, taking another bite of eggs.

"I guess you could say that. I'll show you some after school if you want." Jonathan suggested, holding his camera.

"Okay." I agreed. Photography isn't very exciting for me, but it sure is for Jonathan. It's one of the few things that he enjoys doing.

"So," I teased, "how's you girlfriend?"

Jonathan looked confused as he sat down beside me. "Will, I don't have a girlfriend." He said.

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. He should know by now (because I've done this a billion times) that I'm teasing him about Nancy.

"Well you could've fooled me by the way you talk about Nancy all the time." I snickered.

Jonathan looked even more confused. "Nancy who?"

"Ha ha. Very funny Jonathan. Nancy Wheeler. Y'know, your girlfriend." I grunted.

"What the? Will, what are you talking about?" Jonathan blinked. I didn't hear the concern in his voice.

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing, thankfully not spraying food everywhere. "Very funny Jonathan."

Jonathan looked as confused as Dustin when he finds out his chocolate pudding is missing, which is to say, very confused. (Even thought it's just Lucas.)

"Will, are you feeling okay?"Jonathan questioned. This time I hear the concern.

"Yes." I said trying to sound confident, but I slowly started to realize that something is wrong.

"Will, I think you should lay down for the day." Jonathan advised.

"Jonathan, I'm fine." I assured him.

Jonathan gave me an assuring smile, but I saw through his charade. He was nervous.

I quickly rose from the table, put my plate in the sink, and ran to the back door. "I'm going to school!" I yell into the house.

I opened the door, close it, then immediately ran to the left of the door, and pressed my ear against it. That's right, I'm eavesdropping on my family.

"Mom, Will was acting a little weird earlier." Jonathan said, concern in his voice.

"Yeah? How so?" Mom asked, and I heard the kitchen sink turn on.

"He was teasing me about Nancy Wheeler, saying that I'm dating her. I barley talk to her." Jonathan told her. "None of it makes sense."

I heard mom sigh and she turned off the sink. "Jonathan, remember he had a serious head injury last week. He went into a coma for a bit, Jonathan. He probably had dreams that felt real. That's what Doctor Owen said anyway."

I raised my eyebrow. I was in a coma? I'm pretty sure I would remember that. Or at least waking up in a hospital. Unless we couldn't afford the hospital (and I'm pretty sure that's not it.).

"Why did we listen to Dr Owens and not tell him?" I heard Jonathan moan.

I was confused. Some kid put me in a coma? Probably Troy if I had to guess.

"You're right. See if you can catch up to him intime." Joyce grudgingly agreed. My eyes widened and I ran down the back porch steps and dashed into the shed to grab my bike.

I pulled it out just as Jonathan came out of the house. "Will? Why haven't you left yet?" Jonathan asked.

"My bike was stuck." I lied.

"Oh. Well... Will...I have something to tell you..." Jonathan mumbled.

"Yeah?" I asked, faking curiosity.

"You were in a coma for a week. Whatever happened with Nancy and I was just in your coma. Whatever you recently remember happening, it was all a dream." Jonathan told me. He didn't even try to beat around the bush on that one.

"No." I shook my head in disbelief.

The Upside-Down, Mike and the way his eyes lit up talking about Eleven, me waking up in the hospital after being caught by the Demagorgon, Jonathan recounting his adventures with Nancy (and occasionally Steve), Barb's death, mom's alphabet wall, the Demi-dogs, the Shadow monster, and me getting possessed by it.

No way that was all fake.

"I'm sorry Will, but it's true." Jonathan sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Wha-what happened?" I sighed, sitting down on the grass.

"Well that kid at your school, Troy, pushed you on the bleachers in the gym. But he pushed you so hard, you lost your balance and you toppled over the seat behind you, and-"

Jonathan took a breath, and I could see tiny tears at the back of his eyes, "you fell. You fell down all the bleachers. You hit your head so hard..it knocked you into a coma."

I felt tears at the back of my eyes too. How could I not remember this? I wiped my eyes and looked at Jonathan. "Thanks for telling me." I thanked him, my voice hoarse.

"Your welcome Will. I just thought you should know before Troy reminds you the hard way." Jonathan said, softly.

I smiled a small smile at him, waved goodbye, hopped on my bike, and pedalled off to school, knowing in my heart that Jonathan had lied.