Introduction:

Dear Prisoner of the Curse,

"...and she lived happily ever after."

Don't we all wish it was that easy. It's just a joke. Destiny, life, death; in my world these things are curses that we are all born with as punishment for breathing. They are also never finite. You never have just one task to your destiny. Life is everlasting even after you die while death is never certain to keep. In my world, no one was ever truly alive or dead.

Once upon a time lived me, or should I say a version of me, and her name is Melodînæy Leila Ravenswood. She was an abomination to nature, or should I say that I still am. She was innocent even though she never thought so. However, I guess we all see ourselves as guilty and evil until we do something worse. Then you wish to be as innocent as you once were. She loved hard; and this version of me was the closest I had been to having a sense of humanity, something I now crave. Back then I thought I was weak because of how attached I could get but most of time, we don't realise how much we love, want, and need something until it's gone.

I am dead. Take that however you like: physically, mentally, figuratively; I just don't care anymore. I have lived too long and my role in the world is done. This recent version of Melodînæy is needed no more. It's time to be the new version and let someone else take the role.

Leave the past in the past but let everyone else tell your stories. So now it's time for you to go back to a more innocent version of me but not too innocent. Back to where my journey truly began and like all glamorous stories, mine started laying in the middle of nowhere covered in ash.