Chapter 7

It’s now Tuesday afternoon and I’m meant to be hanging out with Anna right now to go shopping. But since I have to go to detention after school; that won’t be happening.

I make my way through the prison like school hallways in order to get to my afternoon detention. As I enter the room I am surrounded by familiar faces that make me wonder what they had done to be in the same situation.

My presence is acknowledged by the professor in the front and by the students as I make my way down the back of the room. I’ve never had to be in one of these “detentions” before. I want to lay low, not wanting any unnecessary attention so I duck my head on my desk and stare into the space outside the window.

No one is allowed to make any social interactions with one another or on our phones.

This could not be more boring.

I’m sitting here at a desk not being able to converse with the others around me. That’s not exactly an easy task for me, but I’m doing what I have to, to insure that I won’t have to spend anymore unwanted time in this prison.

A few more students make their way into the class/hell. I am able to recognize a few faces as they walk in.

First there was Sarah Roffman, she stumbled her way in being wasted as usual. She would always bring alcohol to school and sell them to our younger years. No one would really buy it but she made most her money and her name by selling marijuana and drugs like that at parties and behind the school in spots no one would dare to enter.

Next there was Gary Holles. He was quite a character. He was into such strange things. I always saw him hanging out underneath the bleacher stands with his friends playing with some type of cards. He likes to wear a lot of black and practise some kind of black magic or voodoo I’m not sure. He’s known for setting things on fire, literally everything. That’s probably why he’s in here now actually.

Then there was Reece Lofter. He isn’t the typical type of badass that you’d expect to see in detention. He is the hottest guy at school, plays on the football team and always and I mean always wears his letterman jacket. According to Sarah's obnoxiosly loud whispers to the girl next to her that’s sitting three seats in front Reece got busted for being in a fight with one of his fellow team mates during a game and broke his jaw.

He was staring around the room wondering if there was a seat that wasnt next to anyone that embarrassing. Then he catches my eye and a small smile tugs on his mouth as he sees a familiar face.

He walks over and sits on the seat across on my left. I could tell we both felt awkward as the atmosphere grew tense.

I couldn’t take the isolation or tension any longer. I grabbed a piece of paper and quickly scribbled a note saying *Are you going to Natalie’s party next weekend?

I slipped him the note but before he was able to retrieve it the door slammed open causing me to drop the note. We all diverted our attention to watch the door hit the back of the wall.

The reckless boy stood in the doorway.

I stared intently as his features wondering why he seemed so familiar. I eyed him up and down taking in all his piercings and tattoos mixed with rugged look of ripped jeans and low cut, loose shirts. He removes his glasses from his eyes and my heart drops

It’s him. He’s back.

I can barely move; I really want to but I can’t. My body won’t allow it.

I let out a slight gasp but considering his entrance it created no attention which I was happy about. He was scanning the room seeing where to go then he laid his eyes onto mine. A smirk played on his lips as he realised who he had just stumbled upon.