Chapter Two

Carlisle's POV
"Okay, stay out here for a minute. I don't want them bombarding you.." I said and Blake stepped back a few steps.
"They won't try to.. well.. bite me, will they?" She asked.
"I won't let that happen. Now just listen to me, and everything should be fine." I explained. I opened the door and walked into the den.
"Carlisle! Took you long enough." Bella said.
"I just had to clear my mind.. actually there's something we need to discuss. Would it be a problem if... a friend of mine stayed for awhile? I mean, she's in trouble." I explained
"She? Well, where is she?" Jasper chuckled.
"Blake?"  She nervously walked into the den. She stood close, and it burned my throat like hell, but I could manage.
"So.. Blake. Where did you come from?" Bella asked.
"Um.. I'm originally from Florida, but um, my bitch of a mother made us move out here." She said.
"Ah got it. Family issues. What brings you here?" Bella questioned.
"Bella, enough with the questions!" I shouted.
"Fine. Just wondering." She said.
"No, it's fine. Um, where is the restroom?" Blake asked.
"Down the hall and to the right. When you're finished I can show you where you'll be staying." I said. She walked down the hall and Edward stared at me in awe.
"What?" I asked.
"First of all, why is she staying here? Second, why are you letting her stay?" He asked.
"Well, I was hunting and picked up her scent. I couldn't bring myself to drink from her. I saw that she was crying and upset, so I talked to her. As I was just about to leave, she came up to me and said help me and ran away. I took it upon myself to help her. After all, she did as for help." I said.
"Damn dude, looks like someone has a crush." Jasper joked. I shoved him back a little.
"Man, back off." I said. "It's not like that."
"Sure dude.. whatever you say." Jasper laughed. I saw Blake coming back down the hall, so I grabbed her bag and met her at the end of the hall.
"Your room is this way." I said.
"You know I could hear you guys talking, right?" She laughed.
"Oh that was just Jasper joking around, he's good at that." I chuckled nervously. We got to the room and I opened the door.
"This is your room. The closet is right there, and the bathroom, well you already know where that is. If you need anything from the kitchen, it's down the hall and to the left. You know where the den is, and the living room is right next to the den. Any questions?" I explained. She shook her head no.
"Okay, well I'll leave you to get settled. When you're ready you can come introduce yourself properly." I turned and was about to walk out when she grabbed my wrist.
"Thank you. You don't know how much this is saving my life." She let go, and I heard her walk away. I left the room and sighed.
Get it together, Carlisle.